2021 Leveling/Larger tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

frofrodawg

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Picking up my White Z71 this week. Looking for input on levels, max tire size, etc. Heard a rumor the wheel wells were a bit larger for bigger set up. Thinking about running a 295/60/20 if possible.

Thanks
DW
Do you think 33x12.50r22 tires will work with the frint and rear level kit?

TexasTZ71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do you think 33x12.50r22 tires will work with the frint and rear level kit?
Do what I do and call 4Wheelparts and they will tell you what will and will not fit. GM finally stopped with the square wheel Wells on trucks and suvs which helps but it will all come down to offset.
If I recall my convo, was told the stock 20” on the Z would not be compatible with the offset I’d need to stuff a ton of rubber under there. The level and the 3.5” RC lift have the same max tire size FYI.
I decided to go for 35’s or 37’s so imma have to go new rims with the rough country 6”. Once I was told I’d need new rims for 35’s I said f it let’s go all in.

frofrodawg

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do what I do and call 4Wheelparts and they will tell you what will and will not fit. GM finally stopped with the square wheel Wells on trucks and suvs which helps but it will all come down to offset.
If I recall my convo, was told the stock 20” on the Z would not be compatible with the offset I’d need to stuff a ton of rubber under there. The level and the 3.5” RC lift have the same max tire size FYI.
I decided to go for 35’s or 37’s so imma have to go new rims with the rough country 6”. Once I was told I’d need new rims for 35’s I said f it let’s go all in.

frofrodawg

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Im going with a 22inch replica +24 offset. The stock 20inch is a +28. So I think Ill be fine. And I did call 4wheel and they told me to call Rough Country. Rough Country tells me the 2inch level kit isn’t compatible with the 21 Z but tells me it will bolt up. Said because they cant verify if the travel on the ball joints and axles would be to great. I see people running the RC level kits and I would assume it must work if there doing it. I was just worried about the 12.50 wide tire rubbing the UCA or steering link. Plastic I can trim.

OP
OP
DWSmoot

DWSmoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im going with a 22inch replica +24 offset. The stock 20inch is a +28. So I think Ill be fine. And I did call 4wheel and they told me to call Rough Country. Rough Country tells me the 2inch level kit isn’t compatible with the 21 Z but tells me it will bolt up. Said because they cant verify if the travel on the ball joints and axles would be to great. I see people running the RC level kits and I would assume it must work if there doing it. I was just worried about the 12.50 wide tire rubbing the UCA or steering link. Plastic I can trim.
I had mine installed at 4WP and they called their Rough Country rep from the store while I was there.

Hansfingas

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just got my wife a Z71 about a month ago. Pretty excited . Without doing the lift/level what are guys able to get on there for a max tire size? I was thinking of a 22” rim with some nitto ridge grapplers

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got my wife a Z71 about a month ago. Pretty excited . Without doing the lift/level what are guys able to get on there for a max tire size? I was thinking of a 22” rim with some nitto ridge grapplers
The factory size is getting close to max. Ive actually heard of people having issues with the factory 22” wheel/tire rubbing. Have also seem pics of a 33x12.5 ridge graps on stock 22’s and the guy claimed no rub.

Pimpin Frog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just put a set of Black Rhino 18x8.5 Stadium (0 Offset) wheels on Falken Wildpeak A/T3W tires (275/70R18). Stock Z71 suspension no leveling kit, no trimming. I have the SLIGHTEST rub when fully cranked right in reverse going down a steep driveway onto level ground only at the front right corner; not ever the drivers side front. Haven't been able to get any rubbing under any other conditions.

Attachments

• IMG_4951.jpg
    IMG_4951.jpg
    460.5 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_4952.jpg
    IMG_4952.jpg
    380 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_4964.jpg
    IMG_4964.jpg
    473.9 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:

VAguy68

Reaction score
Just put a set of Black Rhino 18x8.5 Stadium (0 Offset) wheels on Falken Wildpeak A/T3W tires (275/70R18). Stock Z71 suspension no leveling kit, no trimming. I have the SLIGHTEST rub when fully cranked right in reverse going down a steep driveway onto level ground only at the front right corner; not ever the drivers side front. Haven't been able to get any rubbing under any other conditions.
That looks great! BTW, how do the Falkens ride compared to stock?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019