2020 Take-off grille "upgrade"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R Black

Reaction score
This is just a probe for interest. I do have the grille off my car. It was the grille they put on when the 3rd seat delete is specified. This is (and here's where I break all the rules of salesmanship) the grille that makes a 2015-2020 Tahoe look a lot like a Chrysler Mini-van. (tee hee) It's the one with the horizontal chrome ribs.

Some people think it looks nice . . . . It does seem to be a little more resistant to a bird strike than the base grille, but I wanted the cop grille because it looked more traditional Chevy with the one horizontal center split. This is probably the most common grille next to the base unit that you would see. (I'll post pics later)

This is just an initial probe to gauge interest. otherwise I'll probably put it on ebay. I have yet to crate it up in case someone from NE Illinois wants to cash and carry, but I will be crating it in wood if it needs to be shipped. My crates are the insurance against breakage. I'm surprised the one I ordered survived shipping intact.

This take-off grille has maybe 400 highway miles not all of it at interstate speeds and I didn't meet up with hardly any bugs. I don't think there is a single knick or divit on it. It's pretty mint. I think it might have a total of 800 miles on it altogether when you ad around town.

OP
OP
R Black

R Black

Reaction score
are you referring to the PREMIER style grille ?

View attachment 262035

Yeah! I think that's what they called it and the pic you posted is the one I removed with EXtreme prejudice.

It's in great shape, not a scratch, only 400 or so miles, I forgot the details but I mentioned them somewhere.

They put that grille on the cars at the dealer, I believe at the same time they yank the third row seats, seat belts and retractors, plug the bolt holes, tie off the pigtails and slap that wafer thin replacement "carpeting" in the cargo area.

Of course, it comes standard on some models also.

It is stronger than the grille I put on. That Premier Grille can take a heavier bird strike, I just liked the look of the cheaper grille better.

OP
OP
R Black

R Black

Reaction score
I’d like to see a picture. How much?

Message rcvd. I'll do my research and get back to you. I also have to crate it unless it can be picked up. The one I bought was sent in cardboard and it's a BLOODY miracle it wasn't damaged in transit. I'm not going to do that to anyone, so a light wood crate is in order.

Unless you can find one of these Tractor collectors or other heavy hobbyists that are always driving around trading parts, ...might be a cheap way to get something shipped.

My goal is to sell this for less than retail but enough to cover the cheaper grille I bought, sort of.

OP
OP
R Black

R Black

Reaction score
Message rcvd. I'll do my research and get back to you. I also have to crate it unless it can be picked up. The one I bought was sent in cardboard and it's a BLOODY miracle it wasn't damaged in transit. I'm not going to do that to anyone, so a light wood crate is in order.

Unless you can find one of these Tractor collectors or other heavy hobbyists that are always driving around trading parts, ...might be a cheap way to get something shipped.

My goal is to sell this for less than retail but enough to cover the cheaper grille I bought, sort of.

Oh! Also yeah, I'll get some pics ASAP. Please have patience, a lot on my plate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nyc2011Denali

Latest posts