2019 Tahoe/On board air ARB air compressor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoe_Rx

Reaction score
Tonight I installed the ARB CKMA12 air compressor in the extra battery tray under the hood of my 2019 Tahoe. The install was super easy and the compressor fits very nicely. It is hardwired directly to the battery and is connected to my auxbeam blue tooth switch board so the compressor can be controlled from a switch in the cab or from my iPhone. Had a 20 foot air hose that can air up any of the tires and could even reach back to trailer tires while towing. Also came with attachments to be able to air up mattresses, sleeping pads etc while camping; pool toys, inner tubes etc at the lake; bike tires, sports balls. Basically anything that takes air is now super easy and convenient anywhere my Tahoe goes at the flip of a switch.

Sorry for the bad night time photos, I was just too excited to wait until tomorrow for photos.

Attachments

• 34DEA04F-AAD3-4DCA-98C9-C17F0716809D.jpeg
    34DEA04F-AAD3-4DCA-98C9-C17F0716809D.jpeg
    291.2 KB · Views: 27
  • B7558FFC-19CB-41EC-9E6C-3CAE7A6F2EF8.jpeg
    B7558FFC-19CB-41EC-9E6C-3CAE7A6F2EF8.jpeg
    277.3 KB · Views: 18
  • 0D1D1594-D790-496B-B394-B51A3129F69A.jpeg
    0D1D1594-D790-496B-B394-B51A3129F69A.jpeg
    271.9 KB · Views: 19

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tonight I installed the ARB CKMA12 air compressor in the extra battery tray under the hood of my 2019 Tahoe. The install was super easy and the compressor fits very nicely. It is hardwired directly to the battery and is connected to my auxbeam blue tooth switch board so the compressor can be controlled from a switch in the cab or from my iPhone. Had a 20 foot air hose that can air up any of the tires and could even reach back to trailer tires while towing. Also came with attachments to be able to air up mattresses, sleeping pads etc while camping; pool toys, inner tubes etc at the lake; bike tires, sports balls. Basically anything that takes air is now super easy and convenient anywhere my Tahoe goes at the flip of a switch.

Sorry for the bad night time photos, I was just too excited to wait until tomorrow for photos.
Great idea for the location.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score

What did you use for a mounting bracket?

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did the same with mine, just used the battery holder for a bracket
I wa wondering based on looking at the ARB site if it had any mounting provisions at all without buying one of their brackets.

Did it come with all the wiring harness needed?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wa wondering based on looking at the ARB site if it had any mounting provisions at all without buying one of their brackets.

Did it come with all the wiring harness needed?
mounting it is no problem it has a base and can be turned I think 50% to accommodate for mounting needs you just loosen a bolt and turn it and tighten again.
and yes it comes with a small mountingbracket, the wiring harness, relay, pressure switch and power switch. you will need a quick connector though and a T for the pressure switch, the outlet on the pump gets hot so I bought this one
you will want to do a little research the pressure switch it comes with is set for 70 psi as that is the maximum for the pump, once it hits 70 psi it shuts off
the T allows you to use the pump and have the pressure switch in-line if you look at my picture on page 62 in my build you will see how I mounted the T and the quick connect and the pressure switch, when you disconnect your hose or if you are not airing anything up it automatically shuts off rather quickly because it hits 70 psi or flip the power switch

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
also note that arb doesn't package these very well so you could end up receiving some broken accessories the first one I ordered arrived with some of the plastic pieces of the wiring harness broken so I returned it and the 2nd one arrived undamaged

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
mounting it is no problem it has a base and can be turned I think 50% to accommodate for mounting needs you just loosen a bolt and turn it and tighten again.
and yes it comes with a small mountingbracket, the wiring harness, relay, pressure switch and power switch. you will need a quick connector though and a T for the pressure switch, the outlet on the pump gets hot so I bought this one
you will want to do a little research the pressure switch it comes with is set for 70 psi as that is the maximum for the pump, once it hits 70 psi it shuts off
the T allows you to use the pump and have the pressure switch in-line if you look at my picture on page 62 in my build you will see how I mounted the T and the quick connect and the pressure switch, when you disconnect your hose or if you are not airing anything up it automatically shuts off rather quickly because it hits 70 psi or flip the power switch
The T has to be sourced separately? I had noticed it and the pressure switch in your photo.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
also note that arb doesn't package these very well so you could end up receiving some broken accessories the first one I ordered arrived with some of the plastic pieces of the wiring harness broken so I returned it and the 2nd one arrived undamaged
Did you order from Amazon or elsewhere? I’ve become more suspicious of counterfeit stuff over time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz

Latest posts