2019 headlight help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
P

ptm82379

Reaction score
i do also plan on doing the foglight housings that morimoto offers...

as for high beams, i personally dont have the need. they would be nice i believe as the current morimoto Low beam is very similar to the factory highbeam output.

Well, I installed the morimoto 2 stroke 3.0 today. I must say I'm not impressed. I will also say that I did not adjust them. Is there a trick to getting these to have a decent output?

Edit: I did raise them and get a better pattern but the center leaves alot to be desired. Yes it's better than stock halogens. Is there a way to get a more center concentrated beam on the lows? I was careful to be sure to install them with the leds at 3 and 9 oclock.

Last edited:

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I installed the morimoto 2 stroke 3.0 today. I must say I'm not impressed. I will also say that I did not adjust them. Is there a trick to getting these to have a decent output?

Edit: I did raise them and get a better pattern but the center leaves alot to be desired. Yes it's better than stock halogens. Is there a way to get a more center concentrated beam on the lows? I was careful to be sure to install them with the leds at 3 and 9 oclock.
I picked up some fog light housings off amz that hold h11 bulbs (stock housings have tiny useless bulbs). I replaced both lows and fogs with hikari leds and have never looked back. The bulbs can rotate to refine the pattern and keep the glare off other drivers. Watch for them on prime day and stock up. Just make sure you aim them correctly - especially if you have a level as they are very bright...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up some fog light housings off amz that hold h11 bulbs (stock housings have tiny useless bulbs).

I’ve read this a few times randomly throughout the forum.

Got a link or vendor info on those fog housing that accept H11 bulbs? Did you have to modify anything with the dog light bulb connector or wiring?

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve read this a few times randomly throughout the forum.

Got a link or vendor info on those fog housing that accept H11 bulbs? Did you have to modify anything with the dog light bulb connector or wiring?
No mod needed. Amz. They are actually "H8" tahoe fog lights, but H11 is same fit. They include adapters for the stock connectors, but I used the gen5diy harness since my truck did not come with fogs. The relay switches on fogs when parking lights are on without having to install a switch or programing, and keeps them all on with high beams...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
P

ptm82379

Reaction score
Ok for those wondering, the vled micro extreme ended up being better for me. I sent back the morimoto 2 strokes because there were dark spots in the beam and they just didn't have the distance. Don't get me wrong they were still better than stock by a good margin but not $200 worth.

The H11 vleds micro extreme were much better. Nice clean beam, defined cutoff and plenty of distance with these. These were easier to get seated in the housings to 3 and 9 o clock.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok for those wondering, the vled micro extreme ended up being better for me. I sent back the morimoto 2 strokes because there were dark spots in the beam and they just didn't have the distance. Don't get me wrong they were still better than stock by a good margin but not $200 worth.

The H11 vleds micro extreme were much better. Nice clean beam, defined cutoff and plenty of distance with these. These were easier to get seated in the housings to 3 and 9 o clock.

Would be very beneficial for other members if you could post some pics of the light output.

Did you get the 5K or 6K color clefs micro extreme?

OP
OP
P

ptm82379

Reaction score
Would be very beneficial for other members if you could post some pics of the light output.

Did you get the 5K or 6K color clefs micro extreme?

I will do that. I ended up going with the 6k and they match the drls nicely. It may be tomorrow night before I can snap some pics but I will.

Greg Kulbick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to LEDs on my 16 and it didn't take but a couple months before switching to HIDs. The light output is just exponentially better.

bob3700

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Across the river from the Arch in St. Louis
I have a 2017 Yukon Denali and am researching some low beam bulbs that will increase the night distance. I drive in the country at night quite a bit and am looking for additional distance vision as animals are an issue in this area.
The upgrade needs to be plug and play as I really don't want to modify the vehicle in a way that would interfere with any of the stock electronics.
Was looking at the Philips Extreme Vision 5000K bulbs that are 1680 lux. Also the Osram Night Breaker Laser at 1588 lux. Am wondering which would be the better bulbs for adding distance to the night lighting.
Any experience with the above bulbs would be appreciated.

Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu