2019 headlight help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ptm82379

Reaction score
I just got a 2019 LT and love everything but the dim crappy halogen headlights. I want to upgrade them but I do not want to damage any wiring harnesses or sensitive electronics. I'd love to keep the install plug and play or as close as possible. I'm hearing that LED has come a long way. Which is safer LED or HID on these vehicles? Can you guys point me in the right direction. TIA.

hcvone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my 2019 tahoe came with HID, I upgraded the stock HID to Osram night breaker laser xenarc, replaced the halogen high beams with VLED LED MicroExtreme and the fogs with Stark Phantom psx26w bulbs, could not be more pleased, like daytime at night

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i replied your message. again, just did a 200 mile round trip, leaving and returning in the night...could not be happier with the morimotos.

OP
OP
P

ptm82379

Reaction score
Ok, I see alot of guys using LED for headlights now so am I assuming correctly that these do not interfere with the BCM and other sensitive electronics?

If that's the case I may go with LED in all 3 forward lighting locations.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i do also plan on doing the foglight housings that morimoto offers...

as for high beams, i personally dont have the need. they would be nice i believe as the current morimoto Low beam is very similar to the factory highbeam output.

OP
OP
P

ptm82379

Reaction score
No issues after 2 years

Thanks, I just pulled the trigger on a pair of the morimoto 2 stroke 3.0 in H11. If these work well I will replace all the other forward lighting with them.

OP
OP
P

ptm82379

Reaction score
I had morimoto 2 stroke 2.0 and replaced them with VLED microextreme for the highbeams, they just threw the light a longer distance
I may use those for highs. I don't mind going super bright on those. With lows, I'd like an improvement but to also be considerate to oncoming traffic.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i do always recommend adjusting teh housing after install...i actually raised mine slightly, then i have the wife follow me in it and pass me in it, then adjust accordingly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC