2018 Yukon/2nd row center console question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

poolmonkey

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have purchased a center console/jump seat to install in the 2nd row of my 2018 Yukon. Does anybody know if there are brackets available to install this? Or, has GM left me hanging and it's a make your own kind of thing? Certainly this has been done before. Thanks all

Oh Kee Pah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have purchased a center console/jump seat to install in the 2nd row of my 2018 Yukon...

I'm following along! I've been considering the exact same mod to improve the 2nd row for my kids.
Did you get the Silverado jump seat?
I feel like I've read before in the forum that someone had to install hardware to get the front of the jump seat to be locked in place. Wish I was more help here...

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is it a GM part specific to your vehicle ?

If not, i would bet good money that you are on your own for attaching hardware.

What did you purchase ? any pics of the mounting ?

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Post #24 of that thread states he had to order generic seat brackets and make them work.

OP
OP
P

poolmonkey

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It appears that I misunderstood or was mislead on this console / jump seat. I now believe that it is intended to go between the front bucket seats. It does not fit, as is, between the second row captains chairs. I am now in the process of taking the "console" part of this off the jump seat and will be welding up brackets to mount it between the seats, just below the arm rests. A lot more work than I had planned, but pretty sure I can make it work and look almost factory. Just seems like there should be "something" between the second row seats with a spot to put a cup.

Oh Kee Pah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It appears that I misunderstood or was mislead on this console / jump seat. I now believe that it is intended to go between the front bucket seats. It does not fit, as is, between the second row captains chairs. I am now in the process of taking the "console" part of this off the jump seat and will be welding up brackets to mount it between the seats, just below the arm rests. A lot more work than I had planned, but pretty sure I can make it work and look almost factory. Just seems like there should be "something" between the second row seats with a spot to put a cup.

That's a huge bummer! Maybe think of an "add-on" or two you could do while you have the thing taken apart?...

What was the exact product/jump seat you purchased and are trying to install?
Do you have any photos by chance?
Maybe someone would have an idea to throw out there if they see what you're working with?
I'm very interested in the product purchase (ie: Manufacturer, Part #, website vendor, etc, etc?)

Thank you, keep us posted, and hope you get it working even better than you first imagined!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout