2018 Tahoe Rear Pinion Leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

InlandEmpireTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I parked my Tahoe in the garage last night after coming back from a day trip to Big Bear, only to find a golf ball sized puddle on the garage floor near the rear end this morning. I crawled underneath and found that it appears to be leaking from the rear pinion seal. The only 2 factors that I could see remotely having an impact would be 1. I engaged 4wd for a short time yesterday but didn’t go off roading in the snow and 2. The ambient temperature was about 30 degrees. Neither of those two things should have an impact but they are the only 2 things that differed from normal driving over the last 12k miles.

Anyone else have this problem??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tell your dealer hi when you visit. Warranty is a good thing.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have full warranty take it in ASAP. Have not heard of that complaint on this forum.

OP
OP
InlandEmpireTahoe

InlandEmpireTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m definitely taking it in, already made an appointment for next week. And I’m thankful that it’s still under warranty, hopefully it’s a one time occurrence, wasn’t sure if it was something that I did to cause it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeltaKilo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
what did you end up having done for your leak around the pinion seal and has the fix held up? I just had this happen to me this week with 56K miles on my 2018 Tahoe.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what did you end up having done for your leak around the pinion seal and has the fix held up? I just had this happen to me this week with 56K miles on my 2018 Tahoe.

Unfortunately Jacob has not been here since last November. Hopefully he will eventually make a return visit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094