What is that damn smell??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigell

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
About a week ago I moved my my 2020 Yukon out of the driveway, turned the AC on (as it was almost 90 degrees), and got the funkiest odor out of the vent and a noise like a bunch of leaves on the blower. I found a nest on the filter, changed it, cleaned the blower off, so no more leaves. But for three days after this, I still get that funny smell out of the vent. I used McGuire vent cleaner, and AC PRO vent cleaner, but the smell is still there! Anyone ever experience this, it’s annoying as heck…

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About a week ago I moved my my 2020 Yukon out of the driveway, turned the AC on (as it was almost 90 degrees), and got the funkiest odor out of the vent and a noise like a bunch of leaves on the blower. I found a nest on the filter, changed it, cleaned the blower off, so no more leaves. But for three days after this, I still get that funny smell out of the vent. I used McGuire vent cleaner, and AC PRO vent cleaner, but the smell is still there! Anyone ever experience this, it’s annoying as heck…

"It's piss."

dcbffefb-efa8-4b22-9924-e2aff6a599e7_screenshot.jpg

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lmao
just like boom "its piss"
regardless dub is correct and it will either never go away or take quite a while. you could have a professional detailing service try to get the smell out. they could have gotten anywhere in the duct work also so without removing everything and cleaning it with something aggressive its hard to get rid of.

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before the pro detailing service:
Spray LOTS of air deodorizer - NOT 'freshener'! - into the HVAC intake at the cowl / base of windshield.
Then turn on the fan at its lowest setting (fresh air not recirc) with the AC off, and keep spraying.

Used to use Lysol, but since I saw a commercial for Pooph, I wanna try it instead of Lysol.

OP
OP
B

Bigell

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah… I used the AC cool vent cleaner/deodorizer on the cowl under the wipers..It helped a little, now I only get the smell when I turn the air on….

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depending on what access you have, a vinegar/water solution works great on smells. You could also try an ozone generator inside the cab with the recirculation door closed.

Or just light a match when 'replacing' fuel injectors. LOL

I effing hate rodents.....Best of luck.

OP
OP
B

Bigell

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Depending on what access you have, a vinegar/water solution works great on smells. You could also try an ozone generator inside the cab with the recirculation door closed.

Or just light a match when 'replacing' fuel injectors. LOL

I effing hate rodents.....Best of luck.
@Light a match

bill1013

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You’ll probably want to change out or replace the cabin air filter. You can even get a HEPA cavil air filter. That way you’ll have a clean filter after you’ve cleaned everything else. Just a thought. Aloha!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz