2017 Yukon - Off-Road Lights - OEM Switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Art Contoni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found a good write up on gm-trucks forum about the Off-Road Lights - with the OEM Switch.

Have a few questions to see if anyone here has done this.

I have a 17 Yukon SLE with Factory RPO T3U Fog Lamps and wondered if the Off-road lamp indicator might be incorporated into my cluster?

This is a capture from the video (2500 Denali) and I added the switch image which illuminates in blue:

Cluster.JPG

Next question, Would BCM have to flashed to turn on the Off-road Lamp portion of the switch?

I'm still trying to decide if I want to mount a light bar behind the grill or do something different but I did buy the switch and will need the wiring harness wires to incorporate once I find out which type connectors I have.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the first I’ve seen anything of this; Is this GM 23458492 an OEM switch that allows function of 2 separate sets of lights? Ie OEM fog lights PLUS a set of “Off-Road Lights” that can be used for an added auxiliary set of lights? Whether it’s a light bar, or a second set of fog lights, etc?

OP
OP
A

Art Contoni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, Not sure of the kit for the full size but the Colorado has a dealer installed package. Both platforms use the same type headlamps switch. I was going to purchase the Uptfitter Aux switch kit and may still do that but this does help for doing a light bar.

I did this years ago in an S10 by purchasing a new switch trim piece and a new headlamp switch for the Baja Package then wired in Driving and back up lights.

Did you checkout the youtube video on the Denali 2500 install?

I answered my own first question - the Off-Road Indicator in right below the fuel symbol.

2017 Cluster.JPG

Last edited:

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doing a little more searching out on the interwebs I think the image of the GM switch in your post is the correct one, but the part # you reference is for the "normal" one with the fog light button only.

I believe the correct part number you would need is GM #84448506

The image shows the bottom half of the circle part of the switch split into two buttons; 1 for fog lights and 1 for off-road lights.

The part number for that switch is for a 2018-2022 Chevrolet Colorado.

I imagine you'd have to find the pin-out on the back of the switch plug that operated the off-road light button and see if the factory harness plug even has a pin/wire for that location. Assuming if not, you'd have to add that wire/pin to the factory lighting wiring harness.

Maybe @cmatt could lend a hand or shed some light on how to or what would be involved to activate this function of that OEM switch on our SUVs?

Ryan212

Reaction score
There are rear fog lamps on this platform for export that seemed to use the same pin from the switch when I researched this a few years ago, Did you get any indicators when you plugged in the factory switch? I have the same switch and wanted to add a off-road light bar as well but haven't had a chance to plug it into my 17 LS and see if it functioned. I doubt it will as even the regular fog lamps didn't work without custom programming on my 17 LS.