2017 Yukon 6.2L Lifter Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome! Just don't close out the thread yet......run it for a few weeks and report back on performance, mpg, and anything not worthy if you wouldn't mind.

Bagherra

Reaction score
To follow up and close out this thread, my AFM delete is complete.

The cause of my lifter 'tick' was a collapsed lifter which in turn bent a push rod. There was no cam damage as the engine was shut down in time.
The shop I chose used a Brian Tooley stage 1 cam, and sprigs, AC Delco non AFM lifters, guides and oil pump, and a smaller items. They removed the engine from my Yukon for the procedure. I had them service the transmission as well.
I picked up the Yukon on friday April 7th and flat towed my Jeep 160 miles home.
The Dyno graph shows peak rear wheel hp 353.5 at 5,460 rpm and 404.07 ft lp torque peaked at 3,900. The torque line goes almost straight up from 2,100 rpm to 2,400 to about 385 ft lb, talk about low end grunt!
Overall I am very pleased with the shop and the performance of my Yukon, the thing is a BEAST, and I am glad I went this route as opposed to trading it off.
Exactly what happened with mine...