2013 Yukon Denali 6.2L Lifter issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
E

Ecrews06

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yep, we did use the tool. I've hear they are tough to get on correctly.

I haven't been able to look at it too much yet but the reason I think it's the sending unit is because I had to transfer that over from the vlom to the valley plate and I did not use thread sealer or Teflon tape.

Assuming the sending unit is my other leak and I fix it. For the front seal, would it hurt to run blue devil through to see if that helps recondition the gasket to seal?! I'd rather not pull the balancer off again, it's a pain in the ass to tighten.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, we did use the tool. I've hear they are tough to get on correctly.

I haven't been able to look at it too much yet but the reason I think it's the sending unit is because I had to transfer that over from the vlom to the valley plate and I did not use thread sealer or Teflon tape.

Assuming the sending unit is my other leak and I fix it. For the front seal, would it hurt to run blue devil through to see if that helps recondition the gasket to seal?! I'd rather not pull the balancer off again, it's a pain in the ass to tighten.
If you use an ARP harmonic balancer bolt, you can save yourself the hassle of torquing the factory bolt to yield with an angle gauge. I used an impact wrench to torque mine and it's solid. Note: I'm usually a stickler for torque values and have three torque wrenches for different ranges, but for that Jesus bolt, an impact wrench will do if it's an ARP bolt and you don't overdo it.

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you "know" for sure where the leak is.... Fix It
The sealer stuff just doesn't work that well and it is Very Temporary...
Good for selling a used pos car... Not for something you are going to keep

And for sure get the $35 ARP crank bolt... Put a little loctite on it and use an impact that you
trust and zap it in.. The oem stretch bolt is BS imo

OP
OP
E

Ecrews06

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yea, I took it out yesterday. Apparently when I put it back in the new valley pan I didn't seal the threads. I wrapped it with Teflon tape, put it back in, roughly clean the stuff under the car with brake cleaner and took it for about a mile test drive and had a little more oil pressure (was right below 40 from a cold start, now its right above 40) then let it sit overnight. I checked this morning and it looks like there may have been a few drops from the front seal which I know about but not a stream like before in the middle of the truck. I included pictures of what it look like around it before and after. I'll take it on a longer drive later and make sure everything is good to go. Now to figure out the front seal. Baby steps! Haha

Attachments

• 20211102_160103.jpg
    20211102_160103.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 20211102_160633.jpg
    20211102_160633.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 20211102_202134.jpg
    20211102_202134.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 7

Forum statistics

Threads