2016 Tahoe..New poster to the forum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Gretchen Brown

Gretchen Brown

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
cant say i've read about anyone reporting that noise

how loud is it? can you possibly get a cel phone vid of it?

wonder if some wd40 or white lithium spray could help?

Thank you gat0r; It's inconsistent, but I can try...it doesn't happen every time tap the breke.

No work has been done recently. The last work was a nail in a tire, which was fixed.

Gretchen

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Sure sounds like it has to be booster related. When the Tahoe is running do the brake pedal and foot pressures feel like normal? Does the pedal feel harder than normal when applied?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I saw the TSB, I was wondering if it is related. I guess, I will brave the dealer:)

Good luck with the dealer because normally if they cannot duplicate the noise/problem, they give up very quickly. Unless the TSB states anything about intermittent problems.

OP
OP
Gretchen Brown

Gretchen Brown

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
First: Welcome to the forum from Oregon, Gretchen

We recommend that you put all your rig(s) info in your signature so we all don’t have to guess at year, make, model, engine size, trans, rear axle locker…….etc. Makes it way easier on all members that attempt to help, to have that info right up front. It is also recommended that you take a pic of your RPO codes, on the inside cover of the glove box, and post that image in your signature. All this info will greatly help those that will try to help with a problem.

If there is any other info, like upgrades, mods or recent mechanical/maintenance work done, that would be helpful in any post as well. Too many times a question is asked by the poster and after about 10 responses we find out that the poster has done recent work to attempt to fix the problem or work that was done that SEEMS not related to the problem.

Thank you for the proper protocol PNW VietVet. I will do as you suggested....I have done nothing to the truck, it is pure stock, except put new tires on it. Regards.
Sure sounds like it has to be booster related. When the Tahoe is running do the brake pedal and foot pressures feel like normal? Does the pedal feel harder than normal when applied?[/QUOTE

Brake pressure and pedal feel about normal. But, I haven't been doing a lot of driving recently with the shelter in place orders:)

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Doubeleive, I can try that, but I wonder why it is so inconsistent.
well if you look under there there is a rod that connects to the brake pedal and it enters a rubber bellows for the master cylinder, look right there and see if looks dry the rod rubbing on the boot could be making noise, mine has some light grease right there, mine also makes a air sound if I pump the brakes without the engine running until builds up pressure then it's sort of a squishy noise.

OP
OP
Gretchen Brown

Gretchen Brown

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
does it sound like this?

Thank you for the research gat0r. No, that squeak doesn't sound like it. The squeak is too short and is consistent. Mine only happens upon depressing the pedal, its about 2-3 seconds long and then stops. No noise upon release of the pedal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz

Latest posts