2016 Tahoe LTZ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

msingletary603

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys. I have a 2016 Tahoe LTZ. I had my phone plugged into the apple car play and apple maps and as I went through a tunnel, the headlights kicked on and my screen went dark like it was at night. No worries. Come out of the tunnel, headlights went off and my screen stayed in dark mode. Any suggestions as to where I need to look. It has me stumped.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I have a 2016 Tahoe LTZ. I had my phone plugged into the apple car play and apple maps and as I went through a tunnel, the headlights kicked on and my screen went dark like it was at night. No worries. Come out of the tunnel, headlights went off and my screen stayed in dark mode. Any suggestions as to where I need to look. It has me stumped.
look for what? that's 100% normal operation. it appears you have perhaps never drove thru a tunnel or sat under a overpass before? or never had a vehicle with atuomatic headlights?

OP
OP
M

msingletary603

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
look for what? that's 100% normal operation. it appears you have perhaps never drove thru a tunnel or sat under a overpass before? or never had a vehicle with atuomatic headlights?
Ive owned plenty of vehicles with automatic lights. Ive never had a radio screen stay dark after my headlights kicked off.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sometimes the stupid senor doesn't read right and not all items behave. Try a key cycle the next time it happens (will require a pull over and stop) to see if that resets it. If it doesn't, then there is something wrong with the dusk/dawn transition

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ive owned plenty of vehicles with automatic lights. Ive never had a radio screen stay dark after my headlights kicked off.
my mistake I didn't read, I overlooked "screen stayed dark" could have just been a glitch, I presume it went back to normal after a key cycle?
there is a sunlight sensor in the front dead center of the dash, if that was covered with something it can cause it to think it is evening time

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019