How to identify LT vs LTZ on 2016 Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

REPO

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am looking at a used 2016 Tahoe. The lady that owns it thinks its an LTZ, but I don't see an LTZ badge on the vehicle. It appears to be almost fully loaded. (no dvd/screen on roof) The truck as leather heated/cooled front seats, heated captain chairs in second row, and power folding 2nd/3rd row seats. I read a bunch of different pages, etc trying to see an obvious option or something that sets the LTZ apart, but it seems that the LT can be ordered will pretty much everything the LTZ has.
Any help appreciated. I will try and add some pictures. (sorry, not great ones, as I had to screen grab them from Marketplace.

Yukon1.pngYukon2.pngYukon3.pngYukon4.png

Last edited:

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

I cannot personally help you with your question; however, other members on this Forum that are much more knowledgeable than me in this area will chime in.

I believe that you can identify the specific trim level by looking at the RPO codes on the sticker inside the glove box. One of the folks here in the Forum should be able to give you the specific codes to look for.

OP
OP
R

REPO

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks you! I did try and attach the 4 photos I have. Can you see them?

slupie

Reaction score
Some things were standard on LTZ and later Premier, like ventilated front seats, I don't know if they were even an option on LT. The front grill is LTZ and chrome mirror caps are LTZ also. Heads up display was an option on LTZ (Premier) not LT. It looks like LTZ to me but the only way to be 100% sure is to get the RPO code or QR code and see the whole options list.

OP
OP
R

REPO

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So Z95 was only available on LTZ? Could not be special ordered on LT?

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct, Google 2016 Chevy Tahoe LT vs LTZ and it should show the different options, also Goggle a 2016 Chevy Tahoe brochure and towards the back it will show standard and optional equipment for the LS, LT and LTZ. The brochure was printed by GM.

Last edited:

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
HUD was not an option for LT. one of the pics shows the control buttons for that feature. Enjoy your LTZ.

OP
OP
R

REPO

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
HUD was not an option for LT. one of the pics shows the control buttons for that feature. Enjoy your LTZ.

Not mine yet! Still working out a deal with the owner.

On a side note, I thought all of these trucks had the LS/LT/LTZ emblems just behind the 2nd row door on the side pillar? This one doesn't have anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019