How to identify LT vs LTZ on 2016 Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TahoeTX

Reaction score
Based on the HID headlights I believe it’s an LTZ because the LT had halogen bulbs. I have the exact same model just a different color.
A CarFax report will confirm for you though and is a good idea to review anyway.

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, thats an LTZ. The center console flip tray, the HUD, chrome trim side steps, and the grill all look correct

EvergreenZ71

Reaction score
On a side note, I thought all of these trucks had the LS/LT/LTZ emblems just behind the 2nd row door on the side pillar? This one doesn't have anything.
One of the first things I try to get off my trucks: complete debadge followed by dechrome as time & funds permit.

My wife was once told by a cop that nice condition upper package vehicles increase the risk of carjacking / bump & rob. It’s totally anecdotal without any data … and not really why I do it anyway (though it helps justify the expense). I just prefer badge-free & blacked out, especially if GM isn’t paying me to advertise for them.

Gearz

Reaction score
Call any GM dealer and speak to parts and give the the last 8 of the vin and they will be able to tell you.

SpyShops212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don’t buy unless it has the magnetic ride control. I leased a 2016 LT and hated my life. I drove my 2008 Escalade the whole time during the lease.

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not mine yet! Still working out a deal with the owner.

On a side note, I thought all of these trucks had the LS/LT/LTZ emblems just behind the 2nd row door on the side pillar? This one doesn't have anything.
They did, I remove mine to look cleaner.

The things it shows is LTZ, grill is specific to LTZ and chrome mirror caps. LT have the honeycomb grille. MRC and air suspension on rear should be the final things to really make it cemented as LTZ. Mine is like that with no DVD screen in headliner. That was an option and thankfully mine doesn't have it.

Good looking ride for sure. HOpe it works out.

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of the first things I try to get off my trucks: complete debadge followed by dechrome as time & funds permit.

My wife was once told by a cop that nice condition upper package vehicles increase the risk of carjacking / bump & rob. It’s totally anecdotal without any data … and not really why I do it anyway (though it helps justify the expense). I just prefer badge-free & blacked out, especially if GM isn’t paying me to advertise for them.
I'm in this field of work in a area where ppl steal cars and take them to the port. It's a rare occurence for tahoes or denalis to get stolen, escalades for sure. It's 4runners. Tacomas, anything hemi, and high end vehicles that get shipped out. The kia phenomenon is usually just joyriders etc.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan