2016 Suburban LT 4x4 - What have I done?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whitlecj

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I purchased a 2016 Suburban LT 4x4 last night. Love everything about the vehicle except for the buffeting which I did not notice on my short test drive. I only noticed it when I hit the interstate and headed for my hotel (working out of town). I am supposed to take the vehicle back to the dealer on Thursday to have a leveling kit installed. I was browsing this forum last night and saw all the complaints and on the buffeting and it looks like there is no fix in sight. I have to go back out of town today so I can't take it back to the dealer. I have about a 3 hour drive so I guess I will see just how bad it is. I only have about 35 miles on it so far. I welcome any suggestions on what to do from here.

jmellon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just recently purchased the 2016 Yukon and I asked the dealer about the buffeting that I saw mentioned on the forums and he said that it was related to the 22 inch wheels and the models with the 20 inch wheels don't have that problem. Do you have the 20 or 22 inch wheels?

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just recently purchased the 2016 Yukon and I asked the dealer about the buffeting that I saw mentioned on the forums and he said that it was related to the 22 inch wheels and the models with the 20 inch wheels don't have that problem. Do you have the 20 or 22 inch wheels?
:lol: This sounds exactly like what a salesman would say that has absolutely no idea what he's talking about :rofl: That's pretty funny. I can think of 0 reasons why this would be a logical explanation for this issue.

NowZoomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every trim, every wheel size, sunroof or no sunroof has exhibited this issue across 15s and now 16s

I'd see if the dealer will let you test drive others on his lot for a swap but chances are good GM will tell you to pound sand

Weber Dude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd suggest driving it in M5 first. It's possible you are experiencing the V4 drone. Worth a try.

OP
OP
W

whitlecj

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have 22's if that matters. I don't know if it got better on my 200 mile drive or I just got used to it. I am still hearing/feeling it around 66 definitely. M5 you mean manually put it in 5th gear? I can try this tomorrow on my return trip. Love this vehicle. Hope I can find a solution.

Weber Dude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 22's if that matters. I don't know if it got better on my 200 mile drive or I just got used to it. I am still hearing/feeling it around 66 definitely. M5 you mean manually put it in 5th gear? I can try this tomorrow on my return trip. Love this vehicle. Hope I can find a solution.

Yup, manual 5th gear. Also, if you have it in D, observe if it makes the sound when in V4. I generally only have it in D when jammin down the freeway. Otherwise it's in M5 or M4.

JasonDenali15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for your troubles with your new ride. Shameful GM did not fix this after all the buybacks on the 2015s. Anyway, you may want to check out this link as it has more than 225,000 views and 122 pages of notes summarizing the issues with the buffeting. Some national news outlets have picked up this story. Some on the linked thread have been contacted by the National Traffic Safety Board. This issue is real and it is dangerous. Get a buyback immediately (I had two, trust me). There is NO fix. Take a look: http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/162779-2015-yukon-noise-in-cabin/page-122

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts