2016 Denali XL - GMC Refused to buyback!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

tenbigblinds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That one came from Carl Black Kennesaw. The new one was Carl Black Roswell :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

tenbigblinds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After 4 hours.... finally leaving the dealership. They installed the engine mount shims per the service bulletin to address the rough idle.

They replaced the two previously mentioned tires as well. They were unable to road force balance them with the other 2.

What was strange to me was the following; when I asked for the printout of everything they completed here was my service advisors response - "GMC requires us to log another hour on the vehicle for the warranty work. I want to get you out of here and not make you wait another hour so I will mail you what we did."

That seemed very odd to me... I did document the conversation. I have a case open with GMC... I suppose I should call them and tell them what happened today? Not sure if the dealer even knows I have a case open with GMC.

NowZoomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure you get the paperwork and it documents everything, this is key for the lemon process - don't let them mail it, drive back in day or 2 to pick it up

OP
OP
T

tenbigblinds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure you get the paperwork and it documents everything, this is key for the lemon process - don't let them mail it, drive back in day or 2 to pick it up
Thanks ZoomZoom.... he's insisting on mailing it. I should be asking for the service log/record for what they did today right?

OP
OP
T

tenbigblinds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update- After the technician drove it he still feels the rough idle condition. They suggested I bring it back tomorrow and they would need to replace the motor mounts (shims didn't work). Still refusing to give me the ticket of the work performed today.

OP
OP
T

tenbigblinds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still drives as bad if not worse.... scheduled appointment again tomorrow.

OP
OP
T

tenbigblinds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spoke to GMC corporate again and updated them on my case. They were actually quite confused and upset that the dealer sent me back home with my car and not a loaner. They were going to get in touch with the customer experience person at the dealership and bring him up to speed. Headed back again to dealer tomorrow.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok.... service advisor just informed me that the front right and rear left tires are "bad". Whatever that means.

Should I just allow them to go through whatever they think necessary and continue to bring the car back each time? Or should I demand a new set of tires. Pretty frustrating.

Well...maybe it's the tires. Have them change them and road test them. If it fixes it, great!

Have you ASKED for a loaner? This is their issue not yours. Be polite but at the end of the day, this is on them.

NowZoomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks ZoomZoom.... he's insisting on mailing it. I should be asking for the service log/record for what they did today right?

Yes, and it should ready very similar to what they said to you in person ie tech drove, felt significant vibration, etc replacing motor mounts next

I've seen service dept say one thing but then note "vehicle performing within spec" on the actual service paperwork to hinder a future lemon law issue

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700