2015D vs 2015I

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jl449

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get the production month and year by looking at the sticker located on the bottom right of Drivers door.
As for the 8 speed... Denali production date >10/2014 has the 8 speed. You can verify by putting the truck in manual and scroll up to the highest gear.

Attachments

• 20150314_175745.jpg
    20150314_175745.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 13

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What?!!! Blasphemy! ! You mean to tell me you can't tell/feel the difference in a 6 or 8 speed transmission?

[emoji23]

Hahahah nope I sure couldn't. I've heard a lot of complaining about the six speed. But my 07 esky, 09 denali, and 11 Yukon all had it and I loved it. But to each his own. Looks like the denali is only one with 8 speed and my 2015i Yukon SLT is rocking the obsolete 6 speed. Oh well.. Lol.

Pockets

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh my bad... I didn't mean to get your hopes up brother. I thought you had the Denali.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dang it, Eric!!

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh my bad... I didn't mean to get your hopes up brother. I thought you had the Denali.

nope I went with the loaded SLT because the Denali's on the lot at my local dealer all had captain's chairs and I needed a bench. All of the ones with bench second row seats were SLE's and there was the one loaded SLT that was silver which is the one I ended up getting. I'm seriously ok with the 6 speed, really not worried bout it!

WBHMSU

Seagal Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Denali:

- New 8 speed tranny
- Wireless Charging
- Updated Intelelink system (faster, multi-touch)
- Hands free tail gate. Wave foot under it to open with keys in pocket.

Tahoe/Yukon SLT:
- Updated Intelelink
- Wireless Charging (SLT and LT Luxury/LTZ)
- Hands free tail gate (LT Luxury/LTZ)

Not sure if I'm reading this right. Can someone please clarify?

Do ALL 2015i SLTs have the hands free tailgate? When I look at the spec list on the mfr site (here) it seems to indicate the hands free power liftgate is only available on the Denali. T or F?

Thanks.

WBHMSU

Seagal Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tried to post a question earlier but it looks like it didn't go through. I'm seeing some inconsistencies on the stickers of the used models I'm looking at online and also at media.gmc.com's spec sheet. They are saying that stuff that I understood to be standard equipment even on the 2015d is only available on the 2015i. For example, they say the LTE WiFi is only available on cars built after 10/5/14. That's not true, is it?

Also can anyone explain the differences between the old Intellilink and the new one? Am I going to hate the old one? As mentioned above I'm looking used and it's proving to be awfully tough to find a used 2015i in my price range. Thanks!

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

Link for reference. Scroll down under 'Interior Equipment' and you'll see under "VV4" - OnStar with 4G LTE

http://media.gmc.com/media/us/en/gmc/vehicles/yukon_xl_denali_xl/2015.tab3.html

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only way you can notice any difference the intellilink is if you have the 2015d and them the 2015i otherwise never you will notice any difference in between. Few guys here they do have both already.
[emoji19] just a little most faster response but nothing especial.

WBHMSU

Seagal Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you! Also where did my post go? My posts are disappearing. I am really confused.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All your posts are there. Even your "test post" post that you put up for some reason lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrSpork