2015 Yukon XL SLT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Kerrville15

Kerrville15

Reaction score
Did a little test fitting with my wheels and tires on the Yukon and raised it to where it would look like it has the 2.5" level up front & an 1 1/2" in the back. We were going to go with chrome or polished wheels, but after seeing this my wife want the BMF novakanes like I have. What do ya'll think? Level it right now & put this setup on, wait on a 4" lift to come out & do the same, or put the level on & then when a 4" comes out put it on. Should I switch back to a chrome wheel or stay with the black ones? Too many decisions & I'm tired of having a stock vehicle.
018.jpg
020.jpg
019.jpg

jmitchell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, that looks pimp!!! I would definitely stay with the wheel/tire combo you have right there as the black wheels give it a more rugged off-road look to match the tires. The level and small lift you show right now looks really good and balanced with the vehicle but I'm afraid you are going to get some rub from those tires if you don't lift slightly higher. So I think it looks great right now, but all about functionality to make your final decision.

Steve1081

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good! I would go with black wheels and a level.
What size tires are those?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Kerrville15

Kerrville15

Reaction score
Looks good! I would go with black wheels and a level.
What size tires are those?

They're 295/55 20 Toyo M/Ts

I turned the wheel both ways after leveling & it had no rub, but that will probably change once it's under the full weight of the vehicle. Thanks for the comments; we thought it looked pretty good too.

rjhoskins

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Definitely LOVE the black wheel look.....but then again, I've never been a fan of chrome.

OP
OP
Kerrville15

Kerrville15

Reaction score
I finally got the leveling kit on. We ended up going with a 2.5" front & 1.5" rear suspension maxx leveling kit. Seems like a good kit & the install wasn't bad. Here's a picture of it after the leveling kit installed:
022.jpg

Here's the before picture again just for reference:
145.jpg

Here's one of one with my wheels & tires again. Looks pretty much like the pictures I posted earlier where I was using jacks to guess what it would look like.
023.jpg

I was surprised that there was almost no rubbing with the 296/55 Toyo M/Ts. I did get it to rub a tiny bit at full lock when backing up down the driveway. Her BMF Novakanes will be here on Tuesday & then I will order the tires. Deciding between the 295/55 Toyo M/Ts or going down to a 285/55 Nitto Trail Grappler so there will be no rubbing no matter what.

Last edited:

Steve1081

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks awesome! I just lowered mine tonight and this makes me want to go back out and lift it up! But that would be a bit silly on a 2wd...

So does to lift it using spring spacers front and rear?

OP
OP
Kerrville15

Kerrville15

Reaction score
It has top spacers & the little horseshoe bottom spacer for the front & the rear coil spacer for the rear. You can do the front in 1/4" increments with the top spacers to get the height you want.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Speardog