Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Mitchell0827

Mitchell0827

Reaction score
Seems like a good option if you have sagging rear suspension. The kit that I used had bump stop extensions that went under my existing stock stops. But if I ever encounter that issue, I’ll definitely look into them.
Thanks for the tip!

OP
OP
Mitchell0827

Mitchell0827

Reaction score
Just shy of $1400 is the current pricing no matter where I look, do you have a link to something cheaper?

Thanks
Scott
Additionally,
I ditched the differential skid plate provided and ordered the metal skid plates instead.
GM part #s 23135959, 23135960, 23282726.
Beats cutting the plastic skid plated up as directed to in the ReadyLift instructions.
Hope this helps.

ChanceTx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We are wanting to lift my wife's 2017 Yukon Denali and I'm having the same frustrations with the 4wd shops around here. This thread is VERY helpful! She really likes the look of a few trucks on here with the 4" in front and 3" in rear lifts.

The skid plates were not on my radar. With the metal ones you ordered, were they shaped so that they did not require any cutting like the plastic one?

Drizzaddy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So let me get this straight, the rough country kit comes with the brackets and extenders to maintain the suspension Magneride specs? I was racing around the internet and even created an account on here simply because it says it does not support the air ride/auto leveling and Magneride equipped models… I’m in a pickle there because that’s the kit I really want to go with.
Yes
The majority of lift kits on the market do not come with the extensions that fit the magnaride shocks. The only kits that seem to come with the extensions that fit, involve cutting and hacking away at your truck for installation. That’s the main reason that I went with the ready lift kit. ReadyLift doesn’t require any cutting and includes everything that I wanted in a lift kit. BUT there shock extensions do not align with Magnaride shocks. You are able to over extend the shock out far enough to hook up, but they do not operate as they should, even with the adjustment of the magnaride sensor rod.

This solution worked flawlessly for me.
So let me get this straight, the rough country kit comes with the brackets and extenders to maintain the stock Magneride specs? I was racing around the internet and even created an account on here simply because it says it does not support the air ride/auto leveling and Magneride equipped models aka the denali… I’m in a pickle there because that’s the kit I really want to go with.

OP
OP
Mitchell0827

Mitchell0827

Reaction score
We are wanting to lift my wife's 2017 Yukon Denali and I'm having the same frustrations with the 4wd shops around here. This thread is VERY helpful! She really likes the look of a few trucks on here with the 4" in front and 3" in rear lifts.

The skid plates were not on my radar. With the metal ones you ordered, were they shaped so that they did not require any cutting like the plastic one?
Correct, the metal skid plates from the same year 2015 - 2019 Chevy Tahoe Police Pursuit Vehicles (PPV) fit perfectly. Even though the PPV is a 5.3, the skid plates fit to the frame and bolt holes the same as they would on a 6.2L.

OP
OP
Mitchell0827

Mitchell0827

Reaction score
So let me get this straight, the rough country kit comes with the brackets and extenders to maintain the suspension Magneride specs? I was racing around the internet and even created an account on here simply because it says it does not support the air ride/auto leveling and Magneride equipped models… I’m in a pickle there because that’s the kit I really want to go with.

So let me get this straight, the rough country kit comes with the brackets and extenders to maintain the stock Magneride specs? I was racing around the internet and even created an account on here simply because it says it does not support the air ride/auto leveling and Magneride equipped models aka the denali… I’m in a pickle there because that’s the kit I really want to go with.
On page 1 of this post, I posted a picture of the exact extensions that you need and circled it in red. Call rough county and order the brackets only. They fit perfectly. The kit they sell isn’t what I’d put on my vehicle, but the brackets supplied in their kit are needed.

Hope this helps.

Drizzaddy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
On page 1 of this post, I posted a picture of the exact extensions that you need and circled it in red. Call rough county and order the brackets only. They fit perfectly. The kit they sell isn’t what I’d put on my vehicle, but the brackets supplied in their kit are needed.

Hope this helps.
Okay, yeah haha I spent the morning on the phone with a GM parts guy and he was giving me the run down on the suspensions. Sounded like in any case, a 2015 Denali will always need those brackets and extenders. I was looking at it from the idea that lifting without changing out that suspension was going to cause it to fail and that seems not to be the case. Odd that they sell those piece in the kit but specifically mention it doesn’t support those types of rides… nonetheless, thanks for the help. Forums have come through for me again!

OP
OP
Mitchell0827

Mitchell0827

Reaction score
Okay, yeah haha I spent the morning on the phone with a GM parts guy and he was giving me the run down on the suspensions. Sounded like in any case, a 2015 Denali will always need those brackets and extenders. I was looking at it from the idea that lifting without changing out that suspension was going to cause it to fail and that seems not to be the case. Odd that they sell those piece in the kit but specifically mention it doesn’t support those types of rides… nonetheless, thanks for the help. Forums have come through for me again!
I found it odd as well. But I was extremely relieved that they did have them available. At that point I had literally looked everywhere for them.

In the end, i retained all stock aspects of Magnaride with this configuration.

Hope this helped.

Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PascalBlues