2015 Yukon Denali replacement brake parts recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
My mechanic only recommends the OEM AC Delco brakes. I went cheap one time and dealt with a short life and squealing.
They are pricey, but beats constantly replacing. Dust isn't terrible. Brake performance is good for this large of a vehicle.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is the advantage of the drilled and slotted rotors that the Baer kit features? What type of brake pad do I need for low dust and decent pad life? My OEM pads lasted 75,000 miles and the amount of dust that they produced didn't seem like a lot to me and the braking was fine until the rotors warped.
The baer kit is a larger rotor, so some slightly increased stopping power, not a lot but it is noticeable. You can use any premium ceramic pads for low or virtually no dust.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
We did the PowerStop hot galv coated slotted & countersunk drilled on our Denali. Used Bosch ceramic pads for quiet low dust & long life. It eliminated the warping / brake material buildup that was prone to the hills we travel every day.

Went that route on our Esky in back too. It’s a boringly predictable and uneventful set up that’s quiet, low dust and high milage. The rotors look brand new after 4 years too.

I’ve got a set of 6pot brembo waiting to go on the front with 16” rotors. There’s no hurry to get them on until I find a shop who can replicate the x drill & slotting job on the 16’s or find a company that can make a 2 piece rotor.

Without the slotting & x drill the 16” rotors are too prone to pedal pulse from brake material build up with our terrain. The 16” rotors are too expensive and hard to find.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve used powerstop and R1’s on my previous 2 K2s. All were slotted and drilled. Ceramic pads! No warpage and minimal dust.

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Powerstop extreme towing rotors and pad kit. Great on the tahoe and other past trucks/suvs.

SuperOldSchool

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another vote for PowerStop Z36 kit. Have them on my 2015 and they are great. OEM kept warping for me. These have not.

Reaction score
I am looking to replace my brakes this weekend, this thread has a lot of great information.

I wanted to ask tho, I looked at Rock Auto, looked at the Raybestos front and rear kits. I then looked for them the same SKU’s on Amazon.

The prices were comparable, so I am curious if anyone has used the Raybestos kits?

Do I really need slotted and drilled rotors for daily driving with no towing involved?

We have 55k on our 2015 Yukon, and the braking quality and the master cylinder fluid level are telling me it’s time work on it. Seems low for the mileage, but I think it was driven pretty hard before we got it.

Thoughts?

MobileHomie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am looking to replace my brakes this weekend, this thread has a lot of great information.

I wanted to ask tho, I looked at Rock Auto, looked at the Raybestos front and rear kits. I then looked for them the same SKU’s on Amazon.

The prices were comparable, so I am curious if anyone has used the Raybestos kits?

Do I really need slotted and drilled rotors for daily driving with no towing involved?

We have 55k on our 2015 Yukon, and the braking quality and the master cylinder fluid level are telling me it’s time work on it. Seems low for the mileage, but I think it was driven pretty hard before we got it.

Thoughts?
Raybestos was a quality product back in the day, I don't know about the current products though...Many quality names have gone down hill

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts