2015 + Weld-in Exhaust Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Smoke

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had my Magnaflow installed that I got from Mr. Tony... It sounds pretty pretty good!! very happy with the sound. A much throatier sound and NO DRONE!!! left flap valve and resonator. The flap valve is questionable... the muffler place said it looks like a 3" diameter vs the 3.5" only that small section. I almost had him remove it but didn't want to chance drone if I removed it. by the way it was a buck and a quater to get it welded in place.

View attachment 63454 View attachment 63454 View attachment 63456

View attachment 63455

View attachment 63457

View attachment 63458

View attachment 63459
$125 to weld in a muffler....wth

jl449

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Little too much? It's all good.. Santa Clara muffler - probably paying Silicon Valley wages! LOL..

They removed the flapper valve for 60 and installed a 3.5 straight pipe (my fault - when they install the muffler he asked if I wanted to remove the flapper -- I said leave it on.. mistake). I have to say it's louder through out the rpm range. Before you can only hear the deep tone during acceleration and drops off at higher RPMs. Not now! It's louder!

tbordenet

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have Range AFM part that plugs into the OBD2 port under the dash that keeps it in V8 mode. Sometimes it stops working and it goes into V4 mode, it sounds a little off but doesn't cause any problems. Its my wife's rig she doesn't want me to weld the resonator back on after the rear axle. I cut that off and welded on a black 18" exhaust tip that you can barley see. If you get on it its loud but normal driving its fine.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody have any sound clips of the Magnaflow Muffler #12909 (Tony's link above for the 6.2)?

With or without flapper... Cold start, going down the road, inside the cabin. Anything?

tbordenet

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine is to loud for most, but my wife likes it and it's her daily not mine. I have the Megnaflow muffler for the 6.2, flapper removed and resonator removed. It sounds more like a Camaro when you punch it.

I don't have any sound clips, sorry. I recommend doing the Megnaflow muffler from Tony and flapper delete!

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to get an answer to a question before getting this done next week. Is the resonator separate from the butterfly flapper? I have read to remove the flapper but not the resonator for droning issues. ???

EDIT: just answered in other post. They are in fact separate.

L's Truck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put a Borla Xr1 in with flapper delete last week and while it sounded amazing the drone was crazy even with the resonator in tact. Went today to get the Mag 12909 installed and thats the ticket. Same throaty sound but still refined enough for the Denali. I might have the resonator deleted soon but I need to see what that sounds like first.

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put a Borla Xr1 in with flapper delete last week and while it sounded amazing the drone was crazy even with the resonator in tact. Went today to get the Mag 12909 installed and thats the ticket. Same throaty sound but still refined enough for the Denali. I might have the resonator deleted soon but I need to see what that sounds like first.
I don't want to single out all Borla owners. But I remember the guys in the G8 forum did not like the Borla installs on their cars. Terrible droning was always the comment. Magnaflow was a good alternative. Corsa was the best, but most costly.
FWIW, the G8 GXP and Denali engines share a lot of similarities.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts