2015 V8 acceleration slow?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
maybe

Hello

We have ordered a 15 GMC Yukon and I have driven a demo twice and I don't know why but I have a hard time getting it to go. I have a 14 Cruze Diesel and it feels like a rocket compared to the Yukon. I know the Cruze is lighter but I don't get why the Yukon acts like it doesn't want to go. Anyone else had this experience? I was tempted to look into a Denali with the bigger engine but a long wait and way more $$$. I am going to be towing about 5000 lbs and a little worried about it even though specs say it will tow 8100 lbs.

Thanks

Mark
I think with black bear tuning you will fix the problem,plus the guy Justin will put the respond a little better. please do dot compared with a little car is impossible.
:hmmm2: :pimp:

Mikef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2015i XL Denali with about 2k mikes on it now. It seems sluggish at low speeds until about 40 mph. Only when I am cruising and light on the throttle. If I get on it it will move. It feels like it has a miss or hesitation. Is that what you guys are talking about? I was going to take it in for service thinking something was wrong. But if everyone else is having the same issue I will either deal with it or get a tuner.

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2015i XL Denali with about 2k mikes on it now. It seems sluggish at low speeds until about 40 mph. Only when I am cruising and light on the throttle. If I get on it it will move. It feels like it has a miss or hesitation. Is that what you guys are talking about? I was going to take it in for service thinking something was wrong. But if everyone else is having the same issue I will either deal with it or get a tuner.
I have 2015D XL Denali problem solve with black Bear tuning.

mattluttrell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had 5 of us 200lb+ guys in it at lunch the other day. I punched the gas pretty good from a stop and it did pretty well.

I think one of the problems, for me is going to the 6 speed. In my Escalade I can feel the torque throughout a gear. If I get on the gas after a turn or passing, this truck wants to shift into a better gear. Sometimes I want to feel it pull in 2000rpm. I don't need 4000rpm all the time.

Also just got back from the tag agency. Saw 7300lbs on the title. Not sure why that surprised me.

b4z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gross vehicle weight rating is 7300 lbs the vehicle does not weigh that much. If it weighs 5500 lbs and its capacity is 1800 lbs that would be the gvwr ofm7300 lbs for example.

Tylus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These are a tiny bit slower than the outgoing generation
My 05 Esky with 6.0 would walk my 15 easily

But the more gears and way way way better mpgs make up for it easily. The difference is all really in your head with the electric throttle

Btw, telling someone to tune the "problem" away is somewhat rude IMO. He had a legit complaint I think. Well, besides the fact that he was driving a demo that'd likely learned 10,000 people's driving habits and was confused

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waiteben84