2015 Tahoe LT 4WD Sluggish Acceleration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

rb5064

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do your best to count the number of upshifts next time you take it out for a drive on the freeway. Wrong gear starts isn't converter. Its usually valve body and occasionally shift solenoids but sometimes can be something inside the case (not nearly as likely, however).

Better yet, if you have a scan tool that will display transmission live data you can immediately rule in or out a wrong gear start. Any Snap on and most Bosch or Autel scanners will work as will an MDI subscription from AC Delco diagnostics for your vehicle ...
I have a scan tool. I will try that this weekend.

mb1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any history on the transmission as far as service work, fluid changes, etc? If it’s never been touched I would venture that like NickTransmission guy posted earlier that’s probably where your problem lies.

OP
OP
R

rb5064

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Any history on the transmission as far as service work, fluid changes, etc? If it’s never been touched I would venture that like NickTransmission guy posted earlier that’s probably where your problem lies.
No idea on the history. Just bought it a couple of months ago.

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First time I drove a 2016, I was shocked at the throttle response compared to my 2010. But if you floored it, it would get up and go. Should be much quicker than your old truck.

OP
OP
R

rb5064

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
First time I drove a 2016, I was shocked at the throttle response compared to my 2010. But if you floored it, it would get up and go. Should be much quicker than your old truck.
So this weekend, I said f#%k it and floored it getting on the highway. No hesitation at all. There was a definitely lag in the response as it downshifted multiple times, but when it found the gear, it launched!

I think it heard me talking about trading it in…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts