2015 Tahoe Spark Plugs, When to Replace?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

salanizi

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello

I am quite confused with regards to the spark plug replacement interval.

My owners manual states to relace them every 97.5k miles even on the severe service schedule

However,

My dealer's published maintenance schedule recommends to replace them every 50k miles as it is very hot in here (I live in Kuwait), upon raising the issue of the owners manual with them they state that their recommended service schedule is approved by GM.

Should i save my cash and replace them on the owner's manual schedule (97.5k miles) or the dealer's recommendation (50k miles)? Knowing that it is quite a costly job and I do not have the tools for a DIY.

Cheers!

MidwestMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth...

Spark plug manufacturer recomment 50k miles with iridium plugs, stating that they usually go 60k-80k without issues.

On my last Tahoe the recommend change interval was 100,000 miles or 10 years.
I went 80k plus and 15 years without touching them.

Not recommending it as a maintenance schedule,
but I got 15 mpg highway the day I picked it up at the dealer, and 15 mpg 15 years later when I sold it.
Never changed the plugs because it was still running the same 15 years later when I sold it as it did when I picked it up.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are trying to upsell you on more frequent servicing. The heat there should not be a problem for your spark plugs either.

That said, I will still change my plugs around the 50K mark, just for grins.

RED TAHOE LS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sager, if it's running ok, leave it alone. My HOE just turned 201k miles, one set of AC Delco plugs, original wires. Stay out of the Dealer if possible, you will find someone else when your ready. JMHO and good luck.
David g............:2cents:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarkHearse

Latest posts