2015 Tahoe HID's that work 100%?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
evoalex

evoalex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Almost 4 months on my Diode Dynamics kit, and zero issues thus far. If you go with the morimoto kit, don't get the 55w ballasts, they don't last, ask me how I know.

Wow, I was about to go with the 55w. Now I just need to decide what 35w color temperature matches the LED strip best.

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are plenty bright, not as bright as HID, but as I said, brighter than the silverStar headlights I had to replace the HIDs. Here are a couple of pictures to show what they look like. The install was a breeze and everything fit in the enclosure with the cap on. The copper ribbons were still able to be spread out even with the call on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG GALAXY S6 EDGE using Tapatalk Pro

Did the copper heat dissipation strips fit inside the caps or outside? Do they contact the housing or float in free air?

Thanks for the pics, it has gotten me interested in LEDs instead of HIDs (especially with automatic high beams that turn off at the slightest hint of oncoming light--I like them, but they are too sensitive!).

Bigmouth15

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am interested in these led do they make fog lights also? Still out of stock I wrote the seller.

OP
OP
evoalex

evoalex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering why my HID's were taking so long to be delivered and jumped on a chat with TRS:

David @ TRS
We're very sorry for the backorders that have been currently placed since the end of February. We were unaware of why US Customs held our orders up and it turns out that the entire Savannah, Ga port was being held due to a shipment of drugs hidden in a container of pineapples. The Story was finally released and we were notified recently by US Custom. The Story can be seen here: http://m.ajc.com/news/news/crime-law/feds-find-6m-in-*******-in-pineapple-container-at-/nqmjJ/

Unfortunately since all containers were searched, our containers were opened, rearranged and some items were not even put back in the containers, we've been getting our items at random with no certainty as to what is in what container being that our shipping manifest no longer matches up. We're very sorry for the inconvenience and will get items shipped ASAP, we are flying blind until they get here and we can physically unload the containers and check them in.

whitlecj

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did the copper heat dissipation strips fit inside the caps or outside? Do they contact the housing or float in free air?

Thanks for the pics, it has gotten me interested in LEDs instead of HIDs (especially with automatic high beams that turn off at the slightest hint of oncoming light--I like them, but they are too sensitive!).

This is probably a stupid question but I am new to all of this. Is there a LED replacement for the high beams also or do you have the nice white LED color when on low then go to the nasty yellowish color on high beams? I have a 2016 Suburban LT. Also, does anyone know if they have a fog light bulb to match? (I am having the spyder fog lights installed on mine.) Thanks!

Angel87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is probably a stupid question but I am new to all of this. Is there a LED replacement for the high beams also or do you have the nice white LED color when on low then go to the nasty yellowish color on high beams? I have a 2016 Suburban LT. Also, does anyone know if they have a fog light bulb to match? (I am having the spyder fog lights installed on mine.) Thanks!
How are you planning on getting your fogs wired?

whitlecj

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How are you planning on getting your fogs wired?

I have my truck at the dealership as we speak taking care of interstate driving speed vibrations. This is about the 3rd time it has been in for the issue. Typically they say have a tire out of spec...

Anyway, I had my Spyder fog lights with me when I dropped it off and asked them about putting them in for me. They are supposed to do it at no cost due to my multiple other visits to service. Not sure how they will wire them yet.

Angel87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have my truck at the dealership as we speak taking care of interstate driving speed vibrations. This is about the 3rd time it has been in for the issue. Typically they say have a tire out of spec...

Anyway, I had my Spyder fog lights with me when I dropped it off and asked them about putting them in for me. They are supposed to do it at no cost due to my multiple other visits to service. Not sure how they will wire them yet.
Wow I've gone to Chevy dealership here in town three times for service/accessories and the service advisor has told me that they will refuse to install an aftermarket fog light kit on my Tahoe! Now you got me thinking of going to another dealership or start complaining about the vibrations as well

whitlecj

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wow I've gone to Chevy dealership here in town three times for service/accessories and the service advisor has told me that they will refuse to install an aftermarket fog light kit on my Tahoe! Now you got me thinking of going to another dealership or start complaining about the vibrations as well

I was honestly surprised myself. I will say the service department at this dealership has been the best I have ever worked with.

Angel87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was honestly surprised myself. I will say the service department at this dealership has been the best I have ever worked with.
Were they going to charge you for the install? If so, how much? Did your kit come with the chrome eye brow?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abruck