2015 Tahoe HID's that work 100%?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whitlecj

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Were they going to charge you for the install? If so, how much? Did your kit come with the chrome eye brow?

Not sure on cost. Service guy said he was gonna try to get it done at no cost. I have not picked it up yet because the vibration is giving them trouble. It did come with the chrome eyebrow.

Angel87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure on cost. Service guy said he was gonna try to get it done at no cost. I have not picked it up yet because the vibration is giving them trouble. It did come with the chrome eyebrow.
Did the kit come with switch, harness, etc.? Where did you buy it?

whitlecj

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had nothing but issues with the HID kits in the 15 Yukon. After spending almost $200 on the kit from kbcarstuff with Phillips bulbs and then shipping to replace defective parts, I gave up. I ended up going with Silverstars for a few months but missed the crisp white light.

I ended up saying eff it and ordered some fanless led lights. They use the factory plug and that's it. They fit in the headlight enclosure and work flawless. They aren't as bright as the HID, but they are as bright as the Silverstars and were $45 shipped. They are the leds that use the ribbons for cooling. In very happy now!

Sent from my SAMSUNG GALAXY S6 EDGE using Tapatalk Pro

Are you still liking these lights? I found what I believe are the same ones on amazon and ordered me some highs and lows.

Angel87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Can you post pics once you get your truck? I would like to see how they look with/without lights on and how/where they installed the switch. Are you planning on upgrading the foglight bulb to a higher bulb such as vleds?

whitlecj

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I should get it back this week and will try to post some pics. I have ordered LED lights for lows, highs and fogs. Will post some pics of those once installed also.

OP
OP
evoalex

evoalex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, these work perfectly at night and when the headlights are switched to the 'on' position. However on the daytime running light position they flicker like CRAZY. Is that a wattage issue? Do those extra cables I have fix that problem? Should I draw up a schematic of my current configuration? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Angelo217