2015: Remove Bottom Part of Front Bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
L

LekGMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get the part# from your dealer then type it in doing a Google search, Amazon or Ebay. Guaranteed to save you money over dealer price.

Thanks man! Yeah, that's usually my plan of attack. Just not too sure if it's going to be a common enough part to get that way. Also, I'm a little concerned that most or all of these police trucks are probably Chevy, not GMC. At least I have some options now thanks to you guys!

imnohero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the PPV (police purpose vehicle) is lower than a standard Tahoe or Yukon. I don't know how much that factors into the look but it's worth noting.

OP
OP
L

LekGMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks imnohero, but I'm not too concerned about what is on the "higher package" or "lower package"...just like what I like. For example, people take off the emblems and moldings off the side. "Lower packages" don't come with moldings.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
he means lower, like suspension lower...

OP
OP
L

LekGMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, shit, my bad. I see what he is saying now. That is something to actually consider. Thanks imnohero! I am thinking of trying to leave the front height alone and will probably just level lower the rear. I see that the lower bumper helps the truck maintain a lower look. I appreciate the feedback, sorry for misunderstanding.

kcb14214

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PPV: Police Pursuit Vehicle
SSV: Special Service Vehicle(4wd but not pursuit rated)

imnohero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, shit, my bad. I see what he is saying now. That is something to actually consider. Thanks imnohero! I am thinking of trying to leave the front height alone and will probably just level lower the rear. I see that the lower bumper helps the truck maintain a lower look. I appreciate the feedback, sorry for misunderstanding.
No worries. I can see where you could read that wrong. I think lowering the back to level it out is all you need for the look. It's really the back end that sticks up a bit too much IMO.

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 AM ----------

PPV: Police Pursuit Vehicle
SSV: Special Service Vehicle(4wd but not pursuit rated)
10-4. You're right, I said purpose not pursuit. My mind is still foggy with anger over the fact that the Crown Vic isn't being made anymore... although I heard Ford is going to bring back the Crowns after seeing how LE departments feel about switching to all these other platforms.

kcb14214

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I liked the big Vic's, I have a blacked out charger now. Would love a new SSV. The Explorer model is ok but the Taurus and caprice are to small. Can't fit any gear... Even the chargers are not really full size anymore.

imnohero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I liked the big Vic's, I have a blacked out charger now. Would love a new SSV. The Explorer model is ok but the Taurus and caprice are to small. Can't fit any gear... Even the chargers are not really full size anymore.

I always feel like I'm ducking down to see out of a charger. They will move most ricky tick though. No debate there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu