2015: Remove Bottom Part of Front Bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LekGMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, just got my 2015 GMC Yukon less than a week ago. I was looking at the front bumper and thought that the bottom black, plasticy part seems to hang really low and I don't see much of the purpose. I was wondering if anyone has taken this piece off?

How does it look? Any pics?

Also, how hard is it to take off? I looked under there and looks like there are a few screws that would be difficult to get to...

Any and all guidance and pics are much appreciated!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 193

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As long as they're still separate pieces all it takes is removing about a thousand screws with varying bolt head sizes.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes it can be taken off. the PPV edition that thing is basically cut in half. New ones are $130 and yest someone here has already done it.

will look for thread now...

OP
OP
L

LekGMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Yeah, anything can be taken off, just curious how it looks. I tried to eyeball how it would line up with the side body, seems like it would line up well. I would imagine if guys drop their trucks more than a inch or two, they would almost half to remove or trim that piece down.

Any pics would be greatly appreciated.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2013-SEMA-Chevrolet-TahoePolice-0301.jpg

OP
OP
L

LekGMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks NathanJax! I appreciate it! That looks 1000 times better to be. Did you say that it's a separate part that I could buy? Would the dealer be able to get it? Would they rip me off? Did you say it's $130?

Any idea what it would be called? I don't even know how to describe it exactly...

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still trying to find the thread. It is a seperate piece. you could go to the dealer with a VIN from a PPV (get the vin off one on ebay).

The person who did it here on TYF couldn't order it for some reason so he just cut his.

OP
OP
L

LekGMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I was thinking cutting it would be a good option too. I would want it nice and clean cut though. Definitely wouldn't trust my (lack of) skills!

Thanks for the help again man!

Got the Yukon on 5 days ago and already have a Denali grille and wheels on order....I've transferred the mod bug from my truck into this thing now...so it begins!

OP
OP
L

LekGMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found this on a Google search. It's even lower profile. It has tow hooks too though and think I saw something about 3/4 ton or something. Like the look of this a lot though

image.jpg

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get the part# from your dealer then type it in doing a Google search, Amazon or Ebay. Guaranteed to save you money over dealer price.