2015 GMC 20-22-24 inch replica wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
DECRANK keys and rear 2 inch shackles

MarkD51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
needs an alignment, too much positive camber in the left front.

Yes, it does look that way from one of the pics I posted, and I don't normally notice such otherwise in real life.

Possible a "Fisheye Effect" from the camera lens, or parked on slightly uneven ground? Or a combo of the two?

But while we're on this topic of Camber Angle-Alignment, does the degree of Torsion Bar Cranking and Tension effect Camber? Or no?
Thanks, Mark

OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Lower you go the more negative camber you get

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, it does look that way from one of the pics I posted, and I don't normally notice such otherwise in real life.

Possible a "Fisheye Effect" from the camera lens, or parked on slightly uneven ground? Or a combo of the two?

But while we're on this topic of Camber Angle-Alignment, does the degree of Torsion Bar Cranking and Tension effect Camber? Or no?
Thanks, Mark

Yes it does

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

What Tony said

They way we were taught in ASEP was

"You P Out Back"

Like piss out back

So the tire moves out on the top..... that's positive (P) Camber

The tire leans back........ that's positive (P) Caster

MarkD51

Full Access Member
Reaction score

"Here's to swimmin with bow-legged wimmin"! LOL

So, the possbile adjustment of the one Torsion Bar some months back could've given me a "bow legged" effect? Ah Ha, hunch was right.

Odd thing was, I never touched the Driver's Side Torsion Key, only the Passenger side, as it was drooping about an inch lower.

And as I slowly cranked the passenger side, and continued to take measurements at both sides, the driver's side was mysteriously rising as well somewhat. Height was not staying the same.

Is this possible one side effecting the other?

While adjusting I did bounce on the front every time a small adjustment was made and even took a short 5 minute ride to let the front settle out.

Possible this weekend I'll toy with the front some, easy enough to do, not hard, just take a little back and forth measuring, and tinkering with Jack, Breaker Bar, and Socket.
Mark

MarkD51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck is looking good! Needs more low but I'm digging the way it looks as is.

DSCN0476.jpg

Here's another shot, not so sure it looks "bowlegged" I this pic?

None the less, I eyeballed the truck this afternoon a bit, and agree I might have a slight positive camber mal-alignment on the driver's side.

I'd rather treat such myself, rather than trusting the turds here who I won't trust a lawnmower to, and will most likely mar a new set of wheels with their wonderful crap machines, and lazy-ass work ethic in this "land of crap".

I'm better at a "seat of he pants" alignment than they are with their high tech BS machines. If I get 5K less mileage out of the tires, this doesn't worry me. What worries me is BS Artist Goons taking me for money, and accomplishing nada.

MarkD51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck is looking good! Needs more low but I'm digging the way it looks as is.

View attachment 28123

Here's another shot, not so sure it looks so "bowlegged" in this pic?

None the less, I eyeballed the truck this afternoon a bit, and agree I might have a slight positive camber mal-alignment on the driver's side.

I'd rather treat such myself, rather than trusting the turds here who I won't trust a lawnmower to, and will most likely mar a new set of wheels with their wonderful machines and a seeming poor work ethic here.

I might be better at a "seat of the pants" alignment, and my eye, than they are with their high tech malarky. If I get 5K less mileage out of these tires, this doesn't worry-bother me that much. Pulling from incorrect toe in would be a larger concern but haven't noted such. Roads aren't exactly the greatest here.

Ooops, sorry for the two porta crappers seen in the background in this pic!

Last edited:

MarkD51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At the height my front end is at currently, one perhaps could also assume-say the same slight positive camber exists at both wheels. To tell the truth, no alignment of any sort has ever been done on this truck since new. This is the third set of tires-wheels on this 39K truck. The original alu wheels BFG tires currently are residing 1200 miles away in my father's basement. They had about 4-5K on them when they came off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts