2015 Escalade ESV O2 Sensor reading

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mijohnst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd like someone's opinion on what I see here, please. I was talking about it in another thread and decided to just make a new one to be less confusing for anyone having the same issue.

I'm getting a PO430 error about our catalyst system running below the threshold on bank 2. Using my BlueDriver, I pulled up the voltages when the car was at operating temperature. From everything I've learned at the University of YouTube, the output readings I see from the O2 sensors look normal. Thoughts?

output.png

Rygrego

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First I would delete the code and drive normally and see if it returns. Normally I would not just throw parts, but a replacement downstream O2 sensor is about $30 for a NTK sensor (RockAuto). Way cheaper than a hour of diagnosis. NTK is the original equipment supplier.

OP
OP
mijohnst

mijohnst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the info, Rygrego! Good suggestion. That's something that I would replace with a new Cat anyway so might as well buy it now.

mb1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Notice how bank 2 sensor 2 is a little more choppy than bank 1 sensor 2. I doubt you need a replacement O2, that code is almost always the catalyst unless you have an exhaust leak before the cat which is unlikely but possible.

OP
OP
mijohnst

mijohnst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Notice how bank 2 sensor 2 is a little more choppy than bank 1 sensor 2. I doubt you need a replacement O2, that code is almost always the catalyst unless you have an exhaust leak before the cat which is unlikely but possible.
You are correct. I swapped out a new O2 sensor, and the engine light is still on. Looks like I'll be replacing the whole thing. :/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bryndan99