2015 Durmax swap and solid front axle build under way.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
industrious swap
should be a beast when you are done

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cleaned that nasty crap tar GM puts on the frame...

Wax. Pretty cool build, nice to see and earlier generation powertrain in the newer body. As for the solid front axle, one the one hand I agree but every time I see an off-road comparison, the IFS goes everywhere the solid one does all the while they complain about it.

OP
OP
R

Racing4funn

Reaction score
Wax. Pretty cool build, nice to see and earlier generation powertrain in the newer body. As for the solid front axle, one the one hand I agree but every time I see an off-road comparison, the IFS goes everywhere the solid one does all the while they complain about it.

I sure it can go but they break.. The IFS in the Durmax trucks brake steering rods often.
Truck owners do solid axle swaps because other than that the trucks are great. They are also weaker when lifted. I will be giving up some ride quality but the factory IFS stuff (1/2 ton) shouldnt be under a 500+hp and 1000+tq 6.6L Duramax. Besides I wanted 4 wheel drive. Yukon was 2wd

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sure it can go but they break.. The IFS in the Durmax trucks brake steering rods often.
Truck owners do solid axle swaps because other than that the trucks are great. They are also weaker when lifted. I will be giving up some ride quality but the factory IFS stuff (1/2 ton) shouldnt be under a 500+hp and 1000+tq 6.6L Duramax. Besides I wanted 4 wheel drive. Yukon was 2wd

You're right about that! Some guys have put the 9.25 IFS up under the 1500s. You going to make a few passes with it at the drag strip afterwards? Would be cool to see what she does.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645