2015 Colorado wheels on 05 Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sm3lly

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
First post here, sorry in advance for any stupid questions/rule violations.
Looking to put these wheels on the 05 tahoe: https://www.ebay.com/itm/324497356368

Will there be any fitment issues? The only fitment differences I'm able to come up with is a 2mm difference in offset (from the stock Z71 wheels). Also looking to move down from a 265 to a 255 tire for city boy purposes. At a total loss of 12mm, will I need to throw in some small spacers to avoid a goofy stance?

What am I missing here?

Thanks for yalls time.

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
Welcome, you’re already ahead of the game by posting in the section for the correct generation. For some reason most first time posts end up in the new model section where they languish and die.

I’d look up the spec for the bolt circle diameter and center bore before spending money. I had a Colorado for a while and it seems to me the bolt circle was smaller. But that could be wrong.

12 mm offset difference is only 1/2”; I wouldn’t give it a second thought. You can always buy spacers later if you want that look.

OP
OP
Sm3lly

Sm3lly

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome, you’re already ahead of the game by posting in the section for the correct generation. For some reason most first time posts end up in the new model section where they languish and die.

I’d look up the spec for the bolt circle diameter and center bore before spending money. I had a Colorado for a while and it seems to me the bolt circle was smaller. But that could be wrong.

12 mm offset difference is only 1/2”; I wouldn’t give it a second thought. You can always buy spacers later if you want that look.
Thanks for the response!
My understanding is that the Colorados have a larger bore and same bolt pattern and would thus fit my Tahoe with no issue. Buuut if history is any indicator, just because I think it'll work doesnt mean it will lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sm3lly

Sm3lly

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Soooo after further research the 2015+ Colorado has a different bolt pattern than the GMT800s. Just an FYI.
It's odd, because there's a handful of posts on various other forums w/Silverado wheels on Colorados and vice versa. Must be generation dependent.

Went with a set of these bad boys instead:

Attachments

• Z71 Wheels Gray.jpeg
    Z71 Wheels Gray.jpeg
    28.7 KB · Views: 3

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon.

I took my spider web wheels off, for some time I planned to flat black them, and bought basically new tires and wheels from the owner here off of his GMC truck for $300 total. They bolted right up. They came off of a 2018 GMC 1/2 ton 4wd.

20210401_153658.jpg

OP
OP
Sm3lly

Sm3lly

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon.

I took my spider web wheels off, for some time I planned to flat black them, and bought basically new tires and wheels from the owner here off of his GMC truck for $300 total. They bolted right up. They came off of a 2018 GMC 1/2 ton 4wd.
Hey, another silver birch 05 Z71! Looking good. Hopefully mine'll look as pretty as yours soon.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
It's doable. It's only MONEY. That and a desire. As soon as you can, please post pics of the rig.

You can also go to my build thread at the bottom of the home page in the "Under Construction" section. May have an idea or two for you. Biggest thing I have done so far to add a little performance feel is the Hellwig sway bar kits, front and rear. I am in the PNW area and I also have some perfectly good used components that you may or may not have a need for. When you read thru my build thread, you will understand.

Guys here, especially @Tonyrodz, recommended that I change out the rear vent louvers/appliques. imagejpeg_0(13).jpgimagejpeg_0(6).jpg

20210418_114720.jpg20210418_114729.jpg

OP
OP
Sm3lly

Sm3lly

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It's doable. It's only MONEY. That and a desire. As soon as you can, please post pics of the rig.

You can also go to my build thread at the bottom of the home page in the "Under Construction" section. May have an idea or two for you. Biggest thing I have done so far to add a little performance feel is the Hellwig sway bar kits, front and rear. I am in the PNW area and I also have some perfectly good used components that you may or may not have a need for. When you read thru my build thread, you will understand.

Guys here, especially @Tonyrodz, recommended that I change out the rear vent louvers/appliques. View attachment 343818View attachment 343819

View attachment 343816View attachment 343817
Those are slick. Are they from an escalade or are they their own aftermarket product?
Would you mind linking them?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Austinsham