2014 Tahoe PPV - electrical questions / direction needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Odii

Reaction score
Howdy all - New here
> my introduction post <

I have a 2014 Tahoe PPV, got it monday and working on removing the dividers/boxes.

Currently the dash doesn't light and it doesn't do *anything* to try and start it.

The interior lights turn on and the spotlight turns on - as well as nav --- just nothing to the engine.
1671634917203-png.png

The only note from the auction I had was *suspect fuse blown*

I've checked all the fuses in the main fuse panels (1 interior and 1 exterior) - no blown fuses.

The ground cable looks good - but I've ordered a new one since that is a frequent problem I'm reading.

I can get the engine to crank if I bypass the starter relay - but doesn't start (i suspect, but don't know, that it is because of needing to bypass the relay)

From what I can gather the red arrows are part of the "Pro-Gard" lockout system - and to my unedudcated/ignorant eyeballs it *looks* like my issues are related.
1671644632955.png
1671644682780.png

I have several connectors and open wires just dangling
1671644697679.png

I did successfully remove the center console, driver's seat (for access), and the 2 prisoner dividers
1671644734687.png

1671644773996.png

I found the 2014 chevrolet municipal vehicles technical manual on this site already, but it doesn't appear to have the information that I need regarding that pro-gard system

OP
OP
Odii

Odii

Reaction score
Have you reached out to pro-gard for schematic or installation info? I have a Secure Idle in mine, and the folks were very helpful.
as a follow-up

I've reached out to pro-gard, but i also found some information at pro-gard's website which might be useful

> this <

OP
OP
Odii

Odii

Reaction score
Hey good news this cold cold morning. So looking at the diagram for the pro gard, I realized that it is literally just the regular connector that goes to the pro gard. And that means I should be able to just undo the regular connector from the pro gard and put it into the vehicle.

So now we have – lights and hopefully that means I can reset the security lock and hopefully this bad boy fires up. Wish me luck!

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Odii be sure to join the chat over here too.

OP
OP
Odii

Odii

Reaction score
Hey good news this cold cold morning. So looking at the diagram for the pro gard, I realized that it is literally just the regular connector that goes to the pro gard. And that means I should be able to just undo the regular connector from the pro gard and put it into the vehicle.

So now we have – lights and hopefully that means I can reset the security lock and hopefully this bad boy fires up. Wish me luck!
And she starts! And she sounds amazing.

Going to need to find where to get some second row seats and I'm going to put some third row mounts in it and find third row seats too.

Looks like this will be a bit of a project for a while, but I'm really happy so far and I'm grateful for this forum

Fubar0715

Scott
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And she starts! And she sounds amazing.

Going to need to find where to get some second row seats and I'm going to put some third row mounts in it and find third row seats too.

Looks like this will be a bit of a project for a while, but I'm really happy so far and I'm grateful for this forum
Where are you located? Depending on location - which I suggest adding to your profile details - members get together to help/swap...Be good to know who might have the experience and local if you need it.