2013 Yukon driver seat recline and lumbar buttons not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nubiaridesagain

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently bought a low mileage 13 Yukon and the drivers seat recline and lumbar switches do not work,however, the seat does move forward and backwards,up and down. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks for any input!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bucky1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am replacing a seat switch that is bad on my Denali. Once I took it apart I could intermittantly get it to work.

OP
OP
N

Nubiaridesagain

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am replacing a seat switch that is bad on my Denali. Once I took it apart I could intermittantly get it to work.
What year is your Denali? and how did you get to the switches? i appreciate you getting back to me on this...

Bucky1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
12...one screw in the front of the seat, and pull the plastic side off from the front. It won't come all the way off in the back. Pry the switch out of the holder carefully. The switch may come apart, and you will have to still take the cover out of the plastic side panel. with the switch apart, I was able to wiggle the switch enough to get it to work now and then. This confirmed that the motor and wiring was ok.
Ordered a replacement on Amazon. It was labled as a gm replacement and was in a gm box.

OP
OP
N

Nubiaridesagain

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Fantastic. I’ll check it out tomorrow and hope it’s the same issue.

Bucky1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I forgot to add, you have to carefully pry the buttons off the switch before removing.. That would eventaully be obvious but thought I would mention it. I think the switch was right at $50

OP
OP
N

Nubiaridesagain

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I forgot to add, you have to carefully pry the buttons off the switch before removing.. That would eventaully be obvious but thought I would mention it. I think the switch was right at $50
Thanks again! this is all good to know...

OP
OP
N

Nubiaridesagain

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Found the problem. It was a loose connection in the back of the seat where the horrible lumbar mechanism is located. Very poor design. The connection came completely out of the motor that controls the lumbar and the seat recline.
Pretty simple fix. Either way, thanks for your help

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
16yukon