2013 Yukon Denali Camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gary Severns

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just bought a 13 Yukon Denali with 45 k miles on it and I am very disappointed with the back up camera picture. Very poor quality. Is there anyway to upgrade or correct the picture?

also any recommendations for inexpensive performance upgrades?

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just bought a 13 Yukon Denali with 45 k miles on it and I am very disappointed with the back up camera picture. Very poor quality. Is there anyway to upgrade or correct the picture?

also any recommendations for inexpensive performance upgrades?
Welcome to the forum Gary.

On the 2007 through 2014 a lot of times the video quality is due to bad connections. Might see if you can check the various harness plugs, particularly in the rear gate, and see if cleaning them up a bit help.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome Gary as Wade mentioned the wires get crusty and the cameras go bad. Neither is a huge deal to fix.

Reaction score
The camera in my 2011 looked awesome. Crisp, clear, and focused.

It was the first vehicle I've owned with a backup camera.

The one in my 2012 is a bit blurry and washed out most if the time. Much like the contrast or brightness is set a bit too high. It looks good sometimes when the light outside is just right.

I thought about replacing it with a new OE camera off ebay for about $90, but just haven't yet.

It's been said (on here and in the owners manual) that while in reverse you can either tap the screen or press the menu button and it will bring up the contrast and brightness adjustments, but I can't get mine to do it.

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A replacement camera will solve this if it’s not from a frayed wire. Mine did the same thing now it’s perfect.

itsbo1313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't get mine to do it either
The camera in my 2011 looked awesome. Crisp, clear, and focused.

It was the first vehicle I've owned with a backup camera.

The one in my 2012 is a bit blurry and washed out most if the time. Much like the contrast or brightness is set a bit too high. It looks good sometimes when the light outside is just right.

I thought about replacing it with a new OE camera off ebay for about $90, but just haven't yet.

It's been said (on here and in the owners manual) that while in reverse you can either tap the screen or press the menu button and it will bring up the contrast and brightness adjustments, but I can't get mine to do it.

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE

Latest posts