2013 Tahoe LT Headroom Problems, Please Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick Nizinski

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you in advance for your help. I Bought a 2013 Tahoe LT in Feb 2021 because my friend has a 2009 Tahoe and I fit in it very well. To my surprise, my head hits the ceiling of the 2013 Tahoe even with the seat as low as possible (herniated disks in my neck makes this a serious problem). Do any of you with experience know why there is such a difference in headroom between the 2009 and 2013? (Note that the 2015 fits me perfectly as well, something is up with the 2013...)

I tried having the seat reupholstered to remove excess padding and give me more space but it hardly made a dent in the problem. Is it just that the body style is different for the 2013? Or is the seat different?

If the problem is the seat itself, is it possible to replace the 2013 seat with a seat of a different year?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the headroom is identical between the 2009 and 2013.

There are some differences like hip room, etc. depending on options selected, but the headroom is the same.

Reaction score
The body is the same between the 2009 and 2013. Does the 2009 have cloth seats and the 2013 have leather? Does one have a sunroof and the other doesn't? Some models have adjustable pedals and maybe the seat was back further.

How tall are you?

Reaction score
I'm 6' and have plenty of room. I'm surprised 3" makes that much of a difference. Maybe I have my seatback angled back further.

I don't know what seats are in the LT model. Is your seat the 6 (maybe it's 8) way adjustable? Have you tried tilting the entire seat back?

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
FWIW I am 6'4" and my 13 Burb has a sunroof. What's left of my hair just rubs the headliner with my seat all the way down. Does your seat bottom move up and down? the lil gears are known to fail leaving it in position sometimes.

OP
OP
N

Nick Nizinski

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
FWIW I am 6'4" and my 13 Burb has a sunroof. What's left of my hair just rubs the headliner with my seat all the way down. Does your seat bottom move up and down? the lil gears are known to fail leaving it in position sometimes.
yes, the gears work and it is in the lowest position. I hear that the suburbans are slightly larger but I could be wrong about that. I am likely going to remove the seat upholstery completely and zip tie a piece of sheet metal to the springs, then superglue on somme thin foam... should do the trick (utility versus style)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Franny