2013 Tahoe Front and Rear Hellwig sway bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
rdhogg

rdhogg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, they certainly give me the impression that they’re the first cars I’ve driven that can out drive my skills. It’s always been the other way.

I finally got theothertwin to drift the other day. Going around a 135 degree corner at 50.
That is pretty darn good for a 2 ton , ha

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 277413
After the Hellwig install, I have only taken short trips so far, and not some real twisty roads yet, but I anxious to put it to the test. Let me thank you for your service on the Kitty Hawk, "go Navy". My dad was a Naval Aviator in WWII flew F6F Hellcats , he ended up on the USS Makin Island CVE-93 after he and four others were returning to the Saratoga after a mission to find it had taken 5 kamikazes and was too damaged to land on. He is 95 now and still wears his Navy hat where ever he goes, and loves telling Navy stories.

View attachment 277413
What a wonderful thing that you still have your dad. Mine would’ve been 100 in March this year. He spent much of the war on a destroyer ****** in the Pacific.

Please tell your dad thank you for his service and may he live to 100 and beyond, in good health.

OP
OP
rdhogg

rdhogg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What a wonderful thing that you still have your dad. Mine would’ve been 100 in March this year. He spent much of the war on a destroyer ****** in the Pacific.

Please tell your dad thank you for his service and may he live to 100 and beyond, in good health.
Thank you Dave I will tell him. Our dads were part of the 'Greatest Generation' , we could only hope to be as great as they were.

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 277183 View attachment 277185 View attachment 277187 I wanted to follow up on my project to replace my front and rear sway bars. Many thanks to the members of the 'Forum' that offered suggestions on brand's and install hints. I selected the Hellwig brand sway bars because they seemed to be the most popular choice among the members, good quality and decent price. I will show the final install pictures, the mfg included instructions but the YouTube videos were more helpful. The Front Bar (part #7685) instructions indicated that if you had a 6 speed tranny you needed to order spacers (part #7799) for clearance for the trans cooing lines, NOT so , pictures to follow. The front bar did require ordering new end links. I went with Mevotech TTX over Moog, ( just a flip of the coin decision). The Rear Bar (part #7707) and it came complete with awesome adjustable end links. I did worry about how they were going to ship the bars being that they were very heavy and awkward. The box was sturdy and all install hardware was in a box glued to the inside of the Bar box. All shipping was no problem except for the Rear Bar ( picture of the box as it arrive at my door, via UPS) the box was destroyed, bar was hanging out and a the powder coating was little scuffed but still ok. Net, Net pleased with the quality of Hellwig Bars. One recommendation that came in very handy was using a floor jack (or helper) to hold the bar in place as you attached the bar to the frame. I didn't had a helper and being 74, I could not hold it up with one hand and attach the mounting hardware with the other, ha. ( I am having trouble attaching additional Pictures, I will try including more later
View attachment 277190 View attachment 277197 View attachment 277198
I wish the underside of my truck looked like that!

OP
OP
rdhogg

rdhogg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish the underside of my truck looked like that!
Back in the day, there were several Auto Parts stores in town that had ramps that you could put your car/truck up on and they had steam pressure you could use to get the grease off the underside, i guess too much of a insurance risk now, ha

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you Dave I will tell him. Our dads were part of the 'Greatest Generation' , we could only hope to be as great as they were.

Totally agree.

My dad flew TBM's off those ******'s (he called them jeeps) your dad had to divert to when the Saratoga was unable to recover him. He flew mostly amphibious and ground support missions in his time in the Pacific.

As a kid, I never understood why he wouldn't swim with us when we were at a pool or lake. He never took a bath, always showers. One day I was bugging him to come into the water on a river we were vacationing at that summer. After enough, by big brother jerked me aside and told me to knock it off and told me the story why he never went in the water. On his last mission he had been shot down, his crew was dead and he was wounded. He was in the water for two days until a Catalina found and picked him up.

He never spoke of the horrors, just the technicalities of life on the ship, flying the TBM, stuff like that. The Greatest Generation by a very large measure indeed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu