2013 Suburban Front Axle ID Codes???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Looking at reman front axle assemblies for my 13 burb LTZ 4x4 on Rock auto and noticed there are two options for 3.42 unit One just says GU6 and one says GU6 axle ID AABR, AACA. Anyone know the difference, what these codes mean or where this code is located?

OP
OP
George B

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Placed a call to Zumbrota today. They noted a possible difference in the stub axles. Said their notes refer them to the standard part. I don't know anymore than that.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Do you have a GU6 as an RPO code on the glove compartment front cover? The AABR and AACA would be stamped on the axle housing to help identify.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking at reman front axle assemblies for my 13 burb LTZ 4x4 on Rock auto and noticed there are two options for 3.42 unit One just says GU6 and one says GU6 axle ID AABR, AACA. Anyone know the difference, what these codes mean or where this code is located?

One might be for AWDs and the other for 4x4s. One has a disconnect on the axle tube, the other does not. You need that one that does.

http://www.demandaam.com/resources/pdf/file-20150130095409.pdf

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Yes, GU6. Any idea where it might be stamped?

The GU6 is for the gear ratio. The other letters would be stamped somewhere near the pumpkin where the gears are, if I remember right but James sounds like he knows it better. Thankfully.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know what those letters mean but am guessing that AA stands for American Axle, that's who made them for GM. There's no difference between the years of the GMT900s. The axle is almost identical to the one used in the 800s. Small improvements.