2012 Yukon XL Denali, My first full size GM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dkad260

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Meant to say, "My first full size GM"

I've been looking to either replace or supplement my 2002 Envoy which has 320K miles, still runs well.

The hunt for a GMT-900 has been lengthy and frustrating, I was after the Burb LTZ , 2012-2014 with 2nd row captains.

I came across this Denali and the price was good, looks to be well maintained. I wish it had the 20" wheels but the original owner opted for the dealer-installed 22" option, which is the basis for one of my other threads.

I went back and forth deciding if I should keep looking, mainly since this one has 22" and a 2nd row bench, however the bench isn't a deal-breaker.

The motor sounds good, trans shifts good and was serviced at 60K miles, currently has 90K.

So here's my addition to the forum, hope to gather a wealth of knowledge here.

Screenshot_20210523-065823_Gallery.jpg

I will be sourcing new 22" tires or 20" tires and wheels....I would like to keep the 22's and the consensus is the Defenders work well...thanks @91RS for the input on the Defenders. These worn Alenza Plus' just transmit every irregularity of the road, unless the suspension has too much air but the ride height looks correct.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Meant to say, "My first full size GM"

I've been looking to either replace or supplement my 2002 Envoy which has 320K miles, still runs well.

The hunt for a GMT-900 has been lengthy and frustrating, I was after the Burb LTZ , 2012-2014 with 2nd row captains.

I came across this Denali and the price was good, looks to be well maintained. I wish it had the 20" wheels but the original owner opted for the dealer-installed 22" option, which is the basis for one of my other threads.

I went back and forth deciding if I should keep looking, mainly since this one has 22" and a 2nd row bench, however the bench isn't a deal-breaker.

The motor sounds good, trans shifts good and was serviced at 60K miles, currently has 90K.

So here's my addition to the forum, hope to gather a wealth of knowledge here.

View attachment 279951

I will be sourcing new 22" tires or 20" tires and wheels....I would like to keep the 22's and the consensus is the Defenders work well...thanks @91RS for the input on the Defenders. These worn Alenza Plus' just transmit every irregularity of the road, unless the suspension has too much air but the ride height looks correct.

Congrats, looks like an extremely clean example. I can’t speak for the 22” wheel, Alenza combination, but I had Bridgestone Alenza’s on my 20” shod 2007 SLT (also Autoride/Autopevel) and never felt any harshness in the ride. Actually I thought they were OK tires. Having said that, for All Season use, I would expect Defenders to be a better tire. I have never been disappointed with Michelin.

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very clean. I purchased mine in July 2019, sold my 2015 Silverado HD Duramax.

Some things to check. Air shocks, Air compressor, engine mounts.

OP
OP
D

dkad260

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear they can wear out the LH mount, I will probably replace them to be sure. With the A/C off you can't tell the engine is running, so hopefully some life left.

Shocks look good, don't see any leakage, compressor runs for a few seconds after startup then stops.

I would like to double check the ride height and make sure the shocks aren't overly filled with air. The ride is smooth but the feedback over any slight ripple is easily felt.

Reaction score
Nice find. Hope you didn't pay too much, because apparently prices on used SUVs have skyrocketed, except in California

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don’t know your situation. Age? Kids? Etc. none of my business. But Me and the wife have a 11 month old and my wife HATES the captain seats in the 2nd row. My daughters generally good in the car but sometimes she gets fussy and the wife gets back there. Reaching across apparently sucks and a bench would be perfect for this application. Had I known when I bought the truck I probably would of looked for a bench…. Just my 2 cents

however. Nice find! Looks good.

Reaction score
Don’t know your situation. Age? Kids? Etc. none of my business. But Me and the wife have a 11 month old and my wife HATES the captain seats in the 2nd row. My daughters generally good in the car but sometimes she gets fussy and the wife gets back there. Reaching across apparently sucks and a bench would be perfect for this application. Had I known when I bought the truck I probably would of looked for a bench…. Just my 2 cents

however. Nice find! Looks good.
That's what the 3rd row is for, lol

Wife, kids, in-laws

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D

dkad260

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kids are still young, pre-teen and early teen.

. Had I known when I bought the truck I probably would of looked for a bench

Just a fyi in case you don't know, and I found this out when I went to look at this Denali.....the 2nd row bench doesn't recline back for long trips, only the captains chairs. Was a real downer but at least they can be swapped, not sure why GM did that.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Is that premium tricoat paint? That’s a showroom darling with the running boards tucked under the 22’s. The bench turns the back of truck into a kids lounge.

Im sure you’re already getting nods of approval. Did you get the equipment level equivalent to the LTZ trim you were looking for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro