2012 Yukon Denali XL BENT FRAME

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denali12

Reaction score
A guy on my street reversed into me at about 20-30 MPH. He hit me right in the wheel. Knuckle + tie rods were replaced, but the truck still wasn't right. Frame is bent & dealer is going to replace it. Anyone have experience with this? Should I be ready to sell the truck when I get it back?

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised the insurance is paying for that. Frame replacent isn't a big deal, it's just costly. Once they lift the body off of the frame, there is a lot of suspension parts and drivetrain parts to swap over to the new frame. I wouldn't rush to get rid of it over this, it will look almost brand new again under the vehicle.

thompsoj22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
california native "REPUBLICAN" high desert
A guy on my street reversed into me at about 20-30 MPH. He hit me right in the wheel. Knuckle + tie rods were replaced, but the truck still wasn't right. Frame is bent & dealer is going to replace it. Anyone have experience with this? Should I be ready to sell the truck when I get it back?

Im amazed it cant be straightened? collision repair shops can work magic straightening frames. Im not buying it? especially since it is bent/misaligned at an extremity. Get another opinion, The replacement frame will likely be a salvage not new. What does the car fax report identify? not trying to bum you out but my opinion is trade it in on a different one and "do not allow" the dealer to do a frame replacement. What is the estimate/cost of a frame replacement in man hours alone????????

OP
OP
Denali12

Denali12

Reaction score
Im amazed it cant be straightened? collision repair shops can work magic straightening frames. Im not buying it? especially since it is bent/misaligned at an extremity. Get another opinion, The replacement frame will likely be a salvage not new. What does the car fax report identify? not trying to bum you out but my opinion is trade it in on a different one and "do not allow" the dealer to do a frame replacement. What is the estimate/cost of a frame replacement in man hours alone????????
The dealer said total cost would be around $5-$6K. Way less than I thought it would be. I know they ordered the frame from Detroit & is supposed to be a new GM part. Should be interesting..

thompsoj22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
california native "REPUBLICAN" high desert
The dealer said total cost would be around $5-$6K. Way less than I thought it would be. I know they ordered the frame from Detroit & is supposed to be a new GM part. Should be interesting..

Than id guess it would be new! im just trying to understand how a dealer will do it? is there a method that im unaware of supporting the entire drivetrain in the chassis and dropping the frame out the bottom??? The cost is less than an engine change? wow i know i sound negative but the fact that every single engine/trans/drivetrain/fuel/brake/electrical harness/emission/hvac component has to be R&R for a cost of 5 to 6K$ ??????????????????? Hey good luck, And i mean that sincerely. Ill be watching for the "happy" ending to your experience!

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Body swaps are really not that bad... I've done several... not specifically on the GMT900 platform but other GM products with a full frame.

I am shocked that the insurance is choosing to go this route rather than total out the truck or put it on a frame machine and straighten it.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
probably sounds harder than it is I would suspect pull off the bumper covers, hood, drop the gas tank, disconnect the front & rear hvac, disconnect the brake lines, steering linkage, transmission linkage, ebrake, harness(s) unbolt the body

lol, then swap the drivetrain to the new frame, suspension, fuel lines, brake lines, wiring

those guys pump them off the assembly line nobody's business must be a trick to it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep