2012 Tahoe Z71 - 6L80 Transmission

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ecordell

ecordell

CordellDesigns.com
Reaction score
Same issues: tech module issues, drum/weld point crack, How many miles on your Tahoe?

126k on the clock. Talked to the guy last week and confirmed the weld point blew apart and got into the back of the pump and chewed it up. $2600 rebuild :(

raidernationmike

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
126k on the clock. Talked to the guy last week and confirmed the weld point blew apart and got into the back of the pump and chewed it up. $2600 rebuild :(
bummers. out here in CA labor costs are higher so my full rebuild is $3400. they could’ve just repaired a few items and it would’ve cost me sub 2000 but at that point i went with a full rebuild

OP
OP
ecordell

ecordell

CordellDesigns.com
Reaction score
Yea the bad part, Chevy know about this problem and just ignores it. There is a company out there working on making a better design, mainly out of different material without a weld. I thought really how hard could it be to have one turned from billet aluminum and 1 solid piece?

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always wonder how the boosted guys do with these trannies. I was hoping the tranny off a different truck would be more durable but sounds like they are all the same.

OP
OP
ecordell

ecordell

CordellDesigns.com
Reaction score
I always wonder how the boosted guys do with these trannies. I was hoping the tranny off a different truck would be more durable but sounds like they are all the same.

They were used from late 09 up through 15 or 16. Heat is the big problem with these trannies, keep the heat away and pray. It’s a know bad part from GM, no good fix known, just a bandaid for another 100k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667

Latest posts