2011 Yukon door handle bolt replacement size?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mugly

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know the originals are 10mm. I took both off and they fell inside door. I tried magnet to retrieve with no luck. I cant even see them anywhere. Does anyone know the bolt size to just replace them? Figured Lowes or an auto parts store may have the size if I knew what they were.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know the originals are 10mm. I took both off and they fell inside door. I tried magnet to retrieve with no luck. I cant even see them anywhere. Does anyone know the bolt size to just replace them? Figured Lowes or an auto parts store may have the size if I knew what they were.
Typically, what folks here call 10mm bolts/screws based on socket size are actually 6mm bolts/screws based on diameter of the threads.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you do get new hardware, before you button everything up, I would slowly raise and lower your window incase the dropped bolt didn’t get wedged in your window regular.

OP
OP
M

Mugly

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you do get new hardware, before you button everything up, I would slowly raise and lower your window incase the dropped bolt didn’t get wedged in your window regular.
I did this and could hear the bolt moving around. I dug deeper and found the bolt never made it to bottom of door... Was able to retrieve it with a magnet and have it all back together now. Wifes happy the door works again.. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia