2011 Yukon Denali- Magnacharger upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haul a lot of stuff and passengers, I want passing power. I was gonna have livernois performance build the short block, but for their price, I could do it myself in my garage in a couple of hours. I use to build race and r n d engines for one of the big three.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

FamilyTruckster

Awesome Dude McChainsaw
Supporting Member
Reaction score
bad dood, should be a cake walk for you then... I have some old footage somewhere of kurt urban and I tinkering with my old silverado ss on the awd dyno at wheel 2 wheel way back in the day, way back when roughly 4 or so awd dynos were in existence in MI... Crazy how far things have come in a few short years. I put all interests care and research down when I got downsized and had to let that truck go, so its been pretty crazy lately trying to play catch up... speaking of "catch" still waiting to hear back from SmokyMance on what this whole catch can craze is about...

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang man, sorry to hear that! But you get the fun of starting all over with a different platform. Catchcans aren't anything new, they just help keep oil vapors from entering the intake. Some vehicles benefit some don't. I can honestly say in sort engine building career, we never used catchcans...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

FamilyTruckster

Awesome Dude McChainsaw
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean yeah, I know what a catch can is and does... just all of a sudden noticed them popping up a lot on these newer 6.0s 6.2s etc etc... never even heard of anyone messing with them back from 04 to 08-ish... just wondering if something popped up and made it somewhat of a necessity for these engines to benefit from?
and you're right... new platform, a LOT more comfortable, and from what i have been reading, i'll be starting with not only quite a bit more power (ugh... and weight... offset i guess?), but a stronger drivetrain as well... so that's a plus... just very much in a hurry to hear that familiar whine under the hood again (and feel it too!), but just cant earn and save the money fast enough!

Last edited:

MonoAnt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They newer ls engines tend to throw up alot of breather oil. Catch it in a can rather than ur intake catching it. I dont have one but for $100 should

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Smokymance

Boosted
Reaction score
2 yukis met yesterday and talk about blowers and catch cans...where were you Anthony?

E6701012-0400-45B5-BCE8-5C1A16D6161C_zpsip0sf5zp.jpg

FamilyTruckster

Awesome Dude McChainsaw
Supporting Member
Reaction score
still waiting!

---------- Post added at 03:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 AM ----------

i need to hurry up and hit my required amount of posts so i can start offing some of these parts i have lying around and cash in for the 1900

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miccey1

Latest posts