2011 Tahoe squeaking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Dealership removed both belts and noise was still there? Same dealership that said the rear main seal was the noise? Same dealership that switched that to rear bearing? Were you standing there when the noise was still there when both belts off and engine was running?

OP
OP
Rummel6

Rummel6

Reaction score
No unfortunately I’m out of town for work yeah not to confident in them so far

OP
OP
Rummel6

Rummel6

Reaction score
Just talked to them so there saying it’s the main bearing that’s causing the noise but besides the squeak the motor runs very smooth I’m just gonna have my buddy look at it and let me know what it is

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I would not let the dealer tear it down yet. Good that the buddy is going to look at it. Personally, I would not have let the dealer look at it while you were out of town. No way for you to be there for proof. Too many shady stories on this forum about dealers and some of their techs.

OP
OP
Rummel6

Rummel6

Reaction score
Yeah guess I have to eat 300 but I can guarantee if it’s not what they said I’ll be hitting them in small claims court for that money back and lying

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Keep us all informed as to what happens on this after you get back in town. I am really interested in this thread.

OP
OP
Rummel6

Rummel6

Reaction score
So my buddy that builds race motors verified it’s a bad lifter that’s going bad so guess we are tearing it town he said where gonna do lifters and a cam also any suggestions

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
So, went from a rear main seal and rear bearing squeak to a lifter squeak? Correct? How did he verify that? I am in no way doubting his diagnosis but I am very curious about how he came to that decision.

OP
OP
Rummel6

Rummel6

Reaction score
So he started in the rear where the dealership said the noise was coming from and disconnected the flywheel to verify if it was the engine or trans sound was coming from engine then pulled the covers and started tearing it down can’t remember if he said it’s collapsed or it turned I know he said I need new lifters and possibly a cam hasn’t got that out yet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ok, a collapsed lifter noise and the squeak noise are vastly different from each other. I HOPE it fixes the noise but I am still very curious about this. What do you mean by "collapsed or it turned"? What did he say was the reason for needing new lifters? If I was keeping the rig I would do the cam at the same time as the lifters anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879