2011 Tahoe AFM rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RadarLuv

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am pretty sure I have the dreaded AFM problems with my 2011. Mechanic say one of the cylinders has lost compression and it runs ruff at idle. I just rolled over 160k miles. After reading through a bunch of post on here I know I should get something like the kit on amazon to fix the initial problem.

http://www.amazon.com/Lifter-Replac...UTF8&qid=1452702416&sr=1-3&keywords=chevy+afm

I Haul a 18' enclosed work trailer filled with construction tools a lot so while its in the shop would like to do some upgrading. From what I have read here I should probably keep the stock headers or short tube headers to keep low end torque. So pretty sure want to do:

Intake
exhaust header back or just replace muffler and do the resonator delete
Black Bear tune.

Deleting the AFM would be part of the tune. So I guess my question Is that kit what I should use or is there a different one that should be used with the planned delete. I am not apposed to replacing the cam if it would give me some low end gains for trailer hauling and completely delete the AFM.

I am a carpenter by trade so I need help putting together a complete parts list for the rebuild, My mechanic owes me some favors so I just need to get the parts together and let him at it. I know there are a lot of threads about this problem and about exhaust and cams Just need some help getting all that in one place specific to my 2011 so I can get this truck back to work. Thanks for the help.

OP
OP
R

RadarLuv

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok well I would like to get some opinions but I guess ill go back to digging through past threads.

Weber Dude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok well I would like to get some opinions but I guess ill go back to digging through past threads.

You might want to try posting this in the 07-14 section. You might get a better response.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chevymec