2011 SSV Tahoe AC not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trc54

Reaction score
Heading to work this morning temps got around 55 on the interstate, naturally I turned the heat on my legs to keep warm as the cabin was getting cold, now the temps have risen to 70 degrees and it's only supposed to get hotter today. Basically no matter what temp or blower setting it blows from under the dash and speeds up when switched to defrost. It doesn't matter what if ac is on or off or any other setting change it stays constant hot air. I appreciate the help

OP
OP
Trc54

Trc54

Reaction score
So here's the update, the temperature would not change, the ac button did nothing but lit up, the recirculate button would illuminate but do nothing, the only control that did work was the fan speed, as long as it was below half it would blow on my feet but if I turned the direction to defrost it would max the fan speed and blow through the defrost and footwell. I pulled the fuse and reinstalled it for the HVAC/ECAS with the truck off, I fired it up and the ac was working but not exactly ice cold like usual but after 10 minutes of driving it got back to being super cold. I'm not sure if this will be a permanent fix or not.

RED TAHOE LS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks to members like 2011SSVHOE, you corrected your problem. I would think there may be a time period when switching from Heat/Defrost back to AC. Might look in your manual and see if it relates, good luck.
David g
.......... :)

Matsu

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the same exact vehicle as you, my a/c works up until it gets around 90 outside then it wont get cold enough. Also if you set the temp setting all the way cold (to the bottom) it blows foggy. Mechanic told me the compressor is fine but its the rear evaporator core and after everything it would be around $1,180 to fix (parts+labor)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AEHaas