2010 Yukon Denali 6.2 exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2010yukondenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2010 Yukon Denali 6.2 liter and am looking to sport it up. My complete plan is to put a Supercharger on it and upgrade the exhaust and put a tune in it. I am having a hell of a time finding a complete exhaust system. What do I do? I would really like a dual exhaust system straight out the rear or both sides but apparently that’s not a smart idea.?.? I just don’t like the single side output but that’s all I can find. Is it really that bad of an idea to deviate from factory design? I want to make 650+ from 403 hp. Another thing is if I went with a Whipple I would need to change the diff ratio? Not much pulling going on just want speed. It will never see more than 4000lbs with my trailer going to the man store to get lumber or something for the house. Can someone lead me the right direction?

Reaction score
Can't help with the exhaust, but I think it's going to take more than a supercharger, exhaust, and a tune to get 650+hp

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

OP
OP

2010yukondenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i Watched a video on a denali just like mine and I swear it said 445 hp from a Whipple supercharger and exhaust upgrade. Other than that the website says to expect dramatic increase upwards of 150+. I know for sure 6000+$ for 45 horse is a waste of money. I don’t know what to believe. All I know is I want to boost this truck and don’t know what way to go. Inhale and exhale from what I know is a good start. Maybe put twins under the hood? There isn’t much info on my particular truck that I can find.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the factory exhaust on your truck is already 3 1/2", changing it out for another 3 1/2 is kind of a waste, add a cai and a better muffler she'll breath just fine, if you really want stainless both corsa and borla sell a bolt on system and a few others just keep in mind your local muffler shop can do the same for 1/2 the price. I thought about doing it to mine but the dam thing is 3 1/2" already so I just deleted the last resonator and put a borla straight thru muffler and saved a bunch of money. Kind of like Geico

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2010 Yukon Denali 6.2 liter and am looking to sport it up. My complete plan is to put a Supercharger on it and upgrade the exhaust and put a tune in it. I am having a hell of a time finding a complete exhaust system. What do I do? I would really like a dual exhaust system straight out the rear or both sides but apparently that’s not a smart idea.?.? I just don’t like the single side output but that’s all I can find. Is it really that bad of an idea to deviate from factory design? I want to make 650+ from 403 hp. Another thing is if I went with a Whipple I would need to change the diff ratio? Not much pulling going on just want speed. It will never see more than 4000lbs with my trailer going to the man store to get lumber or something for the house. Can someone lead me the right direction?

Flowmaster and Gibson make dual systems that exit behind each rear wheel.

https://gibsonperformance.com/i-227...tml#!year=2010||make=GMC||model=YUKON, DENALI

The Escalade Sport deleted the spare and ran its dual exhausts straight out the rear bumper. Some guys on here have done the conversion and photographed it.

I prefer the look too but don't want anyone getting burned while refueling; we never shut down for refueling.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gibson Extreme exhaust is a cat-back dual exhaust system, exiting behind each rear wheel with a 5" tip. It is loud and can have a drone on extended upgrades on highways, that many folks would not like.

OP
OP

2010yukondenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes that is a bit aggressive for my taste but the general point of just doing a cat back was appreciated. I’m looking into it to see what is out there. Would headers be a good upgrade? And if so long tube?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
An extra 250HP from boosting 376 cubes isn't far-fetched at all. Keeping boost in mind, you can't go wrong setting up your exhaust for more flow. Go for 1 7/8" long tubes. By "dual exhaust" do you mean actual dual pipes from each cylinder bank all the way back or you mean dual exits? The problem with dual exit exhaust is the packaging- there's just no feasible way to route it and have it come out the back. That's why it being an option on the Escalade requires deleting the spare tire. The aftermarket kits have it exit just behind the tires so the spare can stay. You can run dual pipes all the way if you run them right next to each other. Definitely use an X- or H-pipe. There are dual in/dual out mufflers that have the X-pipe feature built into them. If running a true dual system, dual 3" would be appropriate and a minimum for 650HP. A single (not counting if you split it) 3.5" may be choking it a little at higher RPM.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Iamdub is correct, stating that a dual exhaust, with one pipe exiting on each side, must eliminate the spare tire and its heat shield, in order to accomplish the mod. That is the case with my Gibson Extreme dual exhaust system, and Gibson was right up front in their literature about this restriction, prior to my purchase.

OP
OP

2010yukondenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
An extra 250HP from boosting 376 cubes isn't far-fetched at all. Keeping boost in mind, you can't go wrong setting up your exhaust for more flow. Go for 1 7/8" long tubes. By "dual exhaust" do you mean actual dual pipes from each cylinder bank all the way back or you mean dual exits? The problem with dual exit exhaust is the packaging- there's just no feasible way to route it and have it come out the back. That's why it being an option on the Escalade requires deleting the spare tire. The aftermarket kits have it exit just behind the tires so the spare can stay. You can run dual pipes all the way if you run them right next to each other. Definitely use an X- or H-pipe. There are dual in/dual out mufflers that have the X-pipe feature built into them. If running a true dual system, dual 3" would be appropriate and a minimum for 650HP. A single (not counting if you split it) 3.5" may be choking it a little at higher RPM.

Yes i was thinking true dual all the way back. Complete new exhaust system. I read that long tube headers are the way for max hp gain. Also seen some type of crossover tubes that will eliminate check engine light.?.? Maybe a better option than a x or + pipe? 50/50 split the pipes into 4 then mixed one from each side to make back the true dual in what looks like 3 feet of pipe rather than 12” for better flow. Now it just seems to buy the headers, mufflers, and crossover and take it to a muffler shop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts