2010 Yukon Denali 6.2 exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes i was thinking true dual all the way back. Complete new exhaust system. I read that long tube headers are the way for max hp gain. Also seen some type of crossover tubes that will eliminate check engine light.?.? Maybe a better option than a x or + pipe? 50/50 split the pipes into 4 then mixed one from each side to make back the true dual in what looks like 3 feet of pipe rather than 12” for better flow. Now it just seems to buy the headers, mufflers, and crossover and take it to a muffler shop.

Crossover tubes? What check engine light- from running true duals? The X or H pipe is more for balancing the sound so it doesn't sound as rough. Well, the H pipe is. The X pipe is for sound and flow, although the H pipe doesn't really negatively affect flow.

I'm kinda confused about the 50/50 split into 4 thing. It sounds like you mean to arrange them for scavenging. A good set of tuned headers has this already done in a package about 3' long so the rest is a simple pipe or two ran to the back, depending on if you have a Y-pipe or crossover pipe. On a NA motor, calculating the exhaust to this degree is beneficial to extract every last minuscule amount of power. On a boosted motor, it's unnecessary and the extra weight of all this extra piping would negate any potential gains. Never mind the mess underneath to work around. AND you have the transfer case and forward propshaft to circumvent. Focus your attention and funds on the supercharger and legitimate supporting mods.

Quality long tube headers with Y- or crossover pipe going into dual 3" pipes tightly side-by-side as far as you wanna take 'em with a free-flow muffler or two somewhere in there. Keep the O2 sensors ahead of the cats (if you keep the cats) since they're necessary. The ones you currently have after the cats will still be used after the new cats with the new headers or delete them in the tune if you delete the cats.

OP
OP

2010yukondenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Crossover tubes? What check engine light- from running true duals? The X or H pipe is more for balancing the sound so it doesn't sound as rough. Well, the H pipe is. The X pipe is for sound and flow, although the H pipe doesn't really negatively affect flow.

I'm kinda confused about the 50/50 split into 4 thing. It sounds like you mean to arrange them for scavenging. A good set of tuned headers has this already done in a package about 3' long so the rest is a simple pipe or two ran to the back, depending on if you have a Y-pipe or crossover pipe. On a NA motor, calculating the exhaust to this degree is beneficial to extract every last minuscule amount of power. On a boosted motor, it's unnecessary and the extra weight of all this extra piping would negate any potential gains. Never mind the mess underneath to work around. AND you have the transfer case and forward propshaft to circumvent. Focus your attention and funds on the supercharger and legitimate supporting mods.

Quality long tube headers with Y- or crossover pipe going into dual 3" pipes tightly side-by-side as far as you wanna take 'em with a free-flow muffler or two somewhere in there. Keep the O2 sensors ahead of the cats (if you keep the cats) since they're necessary. The ones you currently have after the cats will still be used after the new cats with the new headers or delete them in the tune if you delete the cats.

Thanks dude I appreciate it very much. I have a bad tendency of overthinking things.

tgui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my 08 Denali, I did kooks catted headers, hacked in a magnaflow muffler and kept the resonator. Comfortable cruising, screams like a racecar full throttle.

qOYAKW8.png

53NmBkn.png

AQLEZOW.jpg

AIJi9ot.png

Pwc8zzW.png

I did some heat shielding as my floors were getting warm with the changed cat position.

KQ6P3Na.jpg

Lsnoob13

Reaction score
the factory exhaust on your truck is already 3 1/2", changing it out for another 3 1/2 is kind of a waste, add a cai and a better muffler she'll breath just fine, if you really want stainless both corsa and borla sell a bolt on system and a few others just keep in mind your local muffler shop can do the same for 1/2 the price. I thought about doing it to mine but the dam thing is 3 1/2" already so I just deleted the last resonator and put a borla straight thru muffler and saved a bunch of money. Kind of like Geico
Yukon denali really has 3.5 exhaust? I had mine trashed so i cant go back and check. Im doing 3 in collectors to 3 in y pipe and was thinking 3 in all the way back after the y pipe would making it smaller than factory hinder the engine? Better yet i have done alot of "upgrades" would the decrease in size hinder my engine, maybe not a stock engine but i have lots of changes...thing is pretty much built now. Should i size back up to 3.5 after the header?

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did my 14 Denali with a Supercharger and Kooks 1 7/8 headers, green cats,
Y pipe.. I figured I'd get it all hooked up and dialed in, then do some sort of
exhaust from the kooks back.. But really I knew I wouldn't gain much HP
from an aftermarket exhaust, but I figured I'd def want more sound.
Well, I am going to do Nothing... The stock exhaust is quit a bit louder
than it used to be with stock manifolds/Y/ Cats
And I still have the weird little resonator at the very rear. I'm pretty happy
with the sound right now. I really didn't think it would change, but it did !!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu