2010 Chevy Tahoe LTZ - Paint Correction & Coating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@65stang

How does AmeriCoat compare to CQuartz UK?

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

Also what are your thoughts on Reflect?

OP
OP
65stang

65stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@65stang

How does AmeriCoat compare to CQuartz UK?

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

Also what are your thoughts on Reflect?

Sorry I just noticed that you asked these questions and I did not respond.

AmeriCoat is a professional only product, while CQuartz UK is a consumer product. CQUK is a great product, however it can be very finicky to apply. I am actually on the fence with no longer using Americoat unless someone specifically asks for it. You will get the same durability out of CQuartz or CQUK. I am currently looking at replacing Americoat with either 22ple or just start using CQuartz.

Reflect can be a great product and will really ramp up the gloss on some paints, however on others it can be very hard to not get marring. I actually prefer to use Optimum Hyper Polish, which is what I have been using a lot lately on most of the cars I have done. OHP is a very versatile polish. Here are a few cars I did recently that were polished with OHP.

DSC_0664.jpg

DSC_0881.jpg

I actually used OHP on this black tahoe, as reflect kept leaving a haze while OHP finished down flawlessly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019